The Chestnut Street Lofts is the first apartment community of its kind in Chester County. It blends sophisticated design and rich amenities with one of the most desired locations in the Borough of West Chester to create lifestyle-inspired living spaces. The Chestnut Street Lofts gives Borough residents more reasons to love where they live. There are currently only three units left in Chestnut Street Lofts, click here for more information and building photos.
Fig West Chester just compiled a great list of restaurants to visit in order to celebrate Year Eve’s in Downtown West Chester! Below our a few of the restaurants hosting celebrations tomorrow night, for more information visit Figwestchester.com.
- Spence 312 | 610.738.8844: Spence 312 is an upscale BYOB restaurant committed to using organic and locally grown produce alongside sustainable meat and seafood. Your final meal of 2014 will be a delicious event!
- The Classic Diner | 610.725.0515: If you haven’t visited The Classic Diner yet, plan to visit on Wednesday! They’ll be open New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day 7 am to 3 pm and serving up Eggs Benedict, Boston BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, and Absolute Angus Burgers, among other diner favorites.
- Red Star Craft House | 610.524.5893: Find 100+ craft beers, artisan meats and pizza, gourmet burgers and more at Dave Magrogan’s newest restaurant, located at the Exton Square Mall (first floor next to Main Line Health and Macy’s).
- Barra Rossa | 610.269.6000: Ring in the New Year with Frank Sinatra and Bobby Darin! Barra Rossa is offering a $30 package with open bar and midnight buffet from 10 pm to 1:30 am.
- Kildare’s Irish Pub | 610.431.0770: Watch the ball drop at Kildare’s—no packages and no commitments! Enjoy $5 champagne all day and a complimentary champagne toast at midnight.
- Carlino’s | 610.696.3788: Spending New Year’s Eve at home? Stop by Carlino’s to pick up great prepared foods, pastries, artisan cheeses and fresh baked bread.
- Rams Head Bar & Grill | 484.631.0241: Rams Head will host musician Ryan Opiekun and have drink specials from 10 pm to midnight. No cover and a free champagne toast when the ball drops!
- Mercato Ristorante and Bar | 610.701.6326: Mercato will host a four-course dinner that includes a champagne toast. The wine cellar is available for parties of 6 or more!
All aboard Santa’s Express! Join Santa for a 90-minute journey on the heated West Chester Railroad through the Chester Creek Valley. Santa greets everyone at Market Street Station, then rides along to Glen Mills. Explore the historic Glen Mills Station, where there’s plenty of photo opportunities on Santa’s lap, so remember your cameras. There will also be live music by Greg Wright & Friends. Incase you get hungry along the way the on board snack car offers hot dogs, hot chocolate and various snacks (cash only). Santa’s Express is scheduled for multiple weekends this holiday season including: December 6-7, 13-14, 20-21 @ 11am, 1pm, 3pm and additional 5pm departures on December 13-14, 20-21. For more information on the event or to learn more about the West Chester Railroad click here.
Small Business Saturday is a day for our community to support the small businesses owned by our friends and neighbors. Our family owned businesses have become the hallmark of Downtown West Chester and give back to the community everyday in so many ways. So Shop Small and support your favorite small business this Saturday, November 29, 2014. Remember, parking meters are FREE until 5pm! Click here to see a complete retail directory of West Chester.
Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Sunday Shopping in West Chester is where the shelves are packed with gifts and fashions for everyone on your list. Why get mobbed at the malls when you can enjoy a fun day of shopping at unique boutiques in the heart of Downtown West Chester!
Free Parking Days in West Chester:
- Friday (November 28th): parking is FREE everywhere, all day.
- Saturday (November 29th): parking is FREE on the street until 5pm.
- Sunday (November 30th): parking is FREE everywhere, all day.
Check out the Facebook page for incoming store specials and more information. Also, see the parking tab created by Downtownwestchester.com, which includes convenient new ways to pay at the meters.
Don’t miss the kickoff event for John DeBella’s Annual Turkey Drop! The event will begin at Kildare’s Irish Pub of West Chester on November 23, at 12:00pm. The Running of the Turkeys will be a one mile run through the streets of West Chester while carrying a frozen turkey; You may transport your turkey in any manner. In order to enter you must donate one frozen turkey. If you’re unable to purchase your turkey in advance, a limited number of turkeys will be on sale at Kildare’s the day of the race. For more information on the event click here.
Why get mobbed at the malls when you can enjoy a fun day of shopping at unique boutiques where the shelves are packed with gifts fashion for everyone on your list! Take a break from shopping in West Chester and enjoy lunch with a friend or relax at a happy hour. FREE parking will be available all day at both the meters and the garages in Downtown West Chester. See the complete retail directory by clicking here or visiting Downtownwestchester.com.
Don’t miss Voca People at West Chester University taking place tonight! You won’t believe your ears! Full of energy and bursting with fun, this international hit features more than 70 a cappella and beat box versions of the songs you and your whole family love, including favorites from Madonna, Queen, and even Mozart! Adult tickets start at $20, click here to learn more about the event and to purchase tickets online.
Uptown! Entertainment Alliance presents the Jazz Cocktail Hour, a Thursday evening concert series, with singer Sara Michaels bringing an element of “Sassy Class” as she performs jazz standards in her own captivating style. You’ll hear influences of other great ladies of Jazz including Billie Holiday, Ertha Kitt, and Lena Horne. The event will take place Thursday November 20th, 2014 from 6:00pm to 7:30pm at the Knights of Columbus Building. For more information on the event visit Uptownwestchester.org.
The Borough of West Chester’s Comprehensive Plan Task Force invites the public to its open house at the Melton Center, located on East Market Street just past Adams Street. Learn about the planning, growth, development issues and other challenges facing West Chester. The public will be able to provide written and verbal feedback on a series of comprehensive planning issues at information stations. The open house will be held on Monday, November 10, 2014 at 4:30pm and concludes at 8:00pm. A formal presentation occurs at 5pm and 6pm. It will include discussion about the status of the Task Force’s work, the issues facing the Borough, and the open house’s logistics. For more information on the open house visit the Borough website by clicking here.