This Thursday come downtown to enjoy Swingin’ Summer Thursdays! The event brings great bands, great food, crafters, clowns, jugglers and more to downtown starting at 6:30pm. Did we mention it’s free for the whole family! Also, both the Black Bird Society Orchestra and Victory Jazz Orchestra will be on hand playing the Blues between High & Darlington streets. Swingin’ Summer Thursdays is produced by the West Chester Parks & Recreation Dept and sponsored by the West Chester BID. For more information visit Downtownwestchester.com or click here.
Tag Archives: visit
Mark your calendars for Super Week in Downtown West Chester! More than a dozen events and attractions will take place from June 1, 2013 through June 8, 2013 in and around the West Chester area. Downtownwestchester.com has further information on the entire week including a schedule of events, which include:
- Super Sunday
- Swingin’ Summer Thursday
- Gallery Walk
- West Chester Public Library 125th Celebration
- Up On The Roof
- Chester County Celebrating National Bike Month (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- Kelly’s grand slam leads West Chester past California (Pa.) into Super Regional (embargozone.com)
- Kutztown to host Super Regional (readingeagle.com)
Looking to get out on the town tonight? Check out some of these local events happening downtown! First Friday, held the first Friday of every month, is a chance to experience West Chester’s unique shops and boutiques. Lots of businesses extend their hours and will often have new items on display and will entice shoppers with refreshments and sales. Find out what stores are offering by visiting Downtownwestchester.com and clicking on the Shopping Tab.
Also, Don’t miss Fondue Friday at the Lincoln Room! Enjoy a cheese fondue followed by a rich chocolate dessert fondue in the intimate candlelit setting of The Lincoln Room from 7 to 9 pm. Adding to the atmosphere are the sounds of classical guitarist Malcolm Johnstone. $40 per couple (gratuities not included). BYOB (no corking fee). Call 610-696-2102 for reservations.
- When: Saturday, Feb 16 at 6 pm
- Where: Unitarian Fellowship of West Chester501 S High St, West Chester
- Why Go: Unitarian Congregation of West Chester presents“Lucy, I’m Dead.” Tickets include wine, hors d’oeuvres, finger food, chocolate desserts and the show, performed by Without a Cue Productions. (Adult content 15 years or older.) This event is opened to the public but seating is limited. You must reserve your seat by e-mailing Marie Steel at email@example.com or call the office at 610-692-5966. Cash or check will be accepted at the door. Go to www.ucwc.org for general information.
- Cost: $35
- When: Saturday, Feb 16 at 1 pm
- Where:West Chester University 700 S High St, West Chester,
- Why Go:The PINK ZONE is now called Play for Kay. This is a national event. Women play at 1 pm and Men at 3 pm. Join in the fight against breast cancer and support the WCU basketball teams.
- Cost: $6 for adults and $4 for youth
- When: Monday, Feb 18 from 10 am – 1 pm
- Where:Chester County Historical Society
- Why Go: Enjoy old-fashioned family fun with crafts, toys, dress up and story telling. At 11am, meet children’s author Jen Bryant, author of A Splash of Red, The Life and Art of Horace Pippin. All museum exhibits and The History Lab will be open. Call 610-692-4800 for details.
- Cost: $10.00 per family.
- When: Saturday, Feb 16 from 9:30 – 11 a.m.
- Where:Great Valley Nature Center State Rd & Hollow Rd, Phoenixville
- Why Go:Come to GVNC to participate in a real Bird Count..we will teach you how! We’ll start with the basics of bird identification, go on a bird walk, and then we’ll enter the info in the GVVC data base.
- Cost: Free
- Upcoming Events at Chester County Historical Society (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- Local Events Coming in February (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- Winter in Chester County (mywestchesterpatown.com)