Since its Russian premiere in 1892, The Nutcracker ballet has become the seasonal favorite for audiences around the world. It is performed by the Brandywine Ballet made up of an outstanding mix of invited professional and local dancers. Performances occur at the Emilie K. Asplundh Concert Hall, West Chester University from December 13th through the 22nd. Production and choreography by Donna Muzio and Nancy Page. Music by Tchaikovsky. See complete dates and times, as well as special events related to the ballet, at BrandywineBallet.com.
Don’t miss all the fun happening this holiday season! Below are a couple events happening around the West Chester area over the next couple days, Hope to see you there!
Holiday Triple Threat
- When: Saturday, Dec. 15 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Church and Market Street, West Chester
- Why Go: Choose your race. Race as a three-member team through the downtown West Chester loop or race as an individual runner and attempt to trump the relays to win it all. A portion of this race benefits the Great Guys Group, a non-profit organization dedicated to Bringing Hope Home by financially supporting families battling cancer in the Philadelphia area.
- Cost: $20 – $90 *depends on when and how you register.
- When: Thursday, Dec. 13 at 1 p.m.; Saturday, Dec. 15 at 2 and 6:30 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 16 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Henderson Senior High School, West Chester
- Why Go: The Chester County Ballet Company presents The Nutcracker. For reserved tickets, please call the box office at 610-431-2333.
- Cost: $7 – $50
- When: Dec. 7 – Dec. 16
- Where: Emilie K. Asplundh Concert Hall, 700 South High St.
- Why Go: Enjoy an all-ages cast of over 80 dancers and actors create and bring to life The Nutcracker. As the narrative unfolds, comical high jinx, holiday fun, and lavishly genteel romance transpire against a backdrop of antique decors and picturesquely animated action. All of the elements combine to make Brandywine Ballet’s The Nutcracker a favorite among local audiences.
- Cost: $25, $30, $40
- When: Weekends
- Where: Market Street Station in West Chester
- Why Go: Join Santa for a 90-minute journey through the Chester Creek Valley on West Chester’s excursion train. Heated cars and live music add to the fun with Santa. Go to West Chester Railroad for details.
- Cost: $6, $13, $20
- Holiday Events Happening at WCU (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- At the Nutcracker (ariel51.wordpress.com)
West Chester University is hosting a couple holiday events this season. Below are two events coming up this weekend, hope to see you there! For additional information visit www.wcupa.edu or click here.
Musical Holiday Spectacular | December 8-9
WCU Live! presents A Christmas Wonderland performed by the Greater Ocean City Theatre Company. The enchanting cast of professional singers and dancers will present a high-energy family-oriented, song and dance tribute to the holidays. Performances are 2:00pm and 7:30pm on Saturday and 2:00pm Sunday at Madeleine Wing Adler Theatre at West Chester University. Adults $20; Seniors/Students $15. Details at WCU Department of Cultural & Community Affairs.
THE NUTCRACKER at WCU | December 7-16
Now in its 33rd year, Brandywine Ballet’s run of The Nutcracker, with its lavishly genteel romance, unfolds against a backdrop of antique decors and picturesquely animated action. For details and ticket information, go to BrandyWineBallet.com.
Filed under Blogs, Events