Join the fun on Sunday, July 20th, 2014 from 11:00am to 8:00pm for the 32nd annual Turks Head Music Festival at Everhart Park! The event features an array of popular regional bands performing on two stages, with numerous vendors and artisan booths. Bring blankets or lawn chairs. The event will feature FREE music & more for the entire family:
- Twelve Bands on two stages
- Over 70 craft and food booths
- Kid’s play area and moon bounce
- Free, no admission charge
- Misting tent to stay cool along with the Service Mark “Cool Zone”
- Zip Lines rides (new this year)
- Mini golf course and mobile arcade (new this year)
The Chester County Commissioners have unveiled a new mobile app for the county called ChescoCONNECT, available in the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, and downloadable for mobile devices at NO COST. The app features 16 functionalities that represent a combination of some of the county’s most frequently visited website pages, and overall general information of interest to Chester County citizens. See what the app includes below and visit www.westchesterdish.com for more information!
- county news
- calendar of meetings and events
- parks and trails
- health clinic calendars and information
- courts information
- emergency alerts through ReadyNotify PA
- a directory of social services
- land use planning
- links to Chester County’s social media communication and YouTube channel
- details and locations of all Chester County government department offices
- jobs available with the County
- restaurant inspection reports for all food handling operations in Chester County
- seasonal functions (election results and flu clinics information)
Rob Lukens, president of the Chester County Historical Society, and West Chester Mayor Carolyn Comitta discuss the history of West Chester, Pa., and what makes the borough unique.
Shops will be open late and more than a dozen gallery openings and special shows will take place. Go to WestChesterGalleryWalk.com for the map and list of Gallery Previews. Of special interest is the Vintage Garage Sale and En Plein Air, both occuring at the new Chestnut Street Garage — the Vintage Garage Sale on the ground floor and En Plein Air on the rooftop. Across the street is the Chester County Historical Society (225 N High St, 610-692-4800) presenting artist John Hannafin with special guest Bam Margara. The museum is also offering FREE addmission of their current exhibits throughout the day.
The East Bunny will be making an appearance at Everhart Park as well as Side Bar and Restaurant on March 31st! The events will begin at 10:00am at Everhart Park with an “Easter Egg Hunt” for Ages 2 through 9, Please bring your own bag or basket for the eggs. After the “Easter Egg Hunt” head on over to Side Bar and Restaurant for “Lunch with the East Bunny”, It will cost $12.00 Per Person (Ages 2 and Up) Limited Seating… So sign up soon! You can sign up with West Chester Parks and Recreation by clicking here! We hope to see everyone out for the event!
We would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year. If you are still trying to plan out you’re New Year’s celebration why not come visit West Chester! There is a wide range of restaurants and stores to check out, It’s guaranteed to be a great time!
- Parking in Downtown West Chester (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- A New Restaurant Opening in West Chester! (kimberleyvassalinsurance.wordpress.com)
- New to West Chester? (mywestchesterpatown.com)
Heavy rain’s the main concern today for Philadelphia and its suburbs, while areas to the west and north could see snow on the ground by Thursday morning. Predicted snow accumulations range from a coating to an inch in outer Chester, Montgomery and Bucks Counties, to two to four inches for Reading and Allentown, to perhaps six inches in the Poconos. With up to three inches possible in places, a flood advisory will be in effect from 10 a.m. to late tonight from central Delaware to central Jersey.
Small streams and the usual poorly drained low-lying streets are likeliest to flood, potentially causing traffic headaches for both the morning and afternoon commutes – and, for some spots, perhaps even into Thursday, according to the National Weather Service. Overnight, those western and northern areas should be snow mix in, followed by a changeover to just snow. Then colder temperatures will settle in, with highs in the 40s through the weekend, and lows around freezing mark for a few nights, followed by dips into the 20s Saturday and Sunday.
The 2nd Annual Running of the Turkeys, the kickoff event for John DeBella’s Annual Turkey Drop, is a 1-mile run through the streets of West Chester while carrying a frozen turkey. You may transport your turkey in any manner. To participate, sign up at Kildare’s Irish Pub at 18 W Gay Street starting at 11am on November 20. Race begins at 1pm. The cost is one frozen turkey. (If you can’t bring a turkey with you, there will be a limited number for sale the day of the race at Kildare’s.) Great prizes from area businesses will be awarded to the winners and also the runners carrying the heaviest turkey, the most turkeys carried, the most creative turkey carry and the best holiday outfits. The first 150 people to sign up for the race will receive a T-shirt. After the race, go to Kildare’s for the award ceremony and great food & drink specials including kids eating free with the purchase of an adult entrée.
Filed under Blogs, Events
If you were driving on 202 yesterday like myself you might have seen or been involved in the traffic backup. I was very curious of what caused the local delay and found out a Honda Civic traveling south on Route 202 in West Goshen struck an extension ladder that had fallen off a pickup truck. The car veered off the highway, struck a tree and landed on its roof.
When the driver of the pickup truck came back to retrieve the ladder, he found that he had caused the crash. He was cited by West Goshen police for not properly tying the ladder to his ladder rack. He retrieved the ladder before leaving the scene with a traffic citation.
The driver of the Civic and her male passenger were both checked out by EMS personnel at the scene but both refused further treatment. Assisting West Goshen police at the scene were West Chester Fire Department, Good Fellowship Ambulance, Medic 91 and West Chester Fire Police. For local news make sure to check out the DailyLocal.com. For a free Pennsylvania Car Insurance quote visit http://www.kimberleyvassal.com today!
OLD-FASHIONED CHRISTMAS | December 1-4
- West Chester celebrates Old-Fashioned Christmas with a four-day event! Friday’s festivities include the arrival of Santa in the Holiday Parade and the Community Tree lighting in front of the Courthouse on Friday evening. The celebration features more than forty activities including guided walking tours of the historic downtown area and performances by a wide variety of musicians from gospel choirs to quartets.
WEST CHESTER UNIVERSITY BAROQUE ENSEMBLE | December 3
- The new West Chester University Baroque Ensemble, under the direction of Sylvia Ahramjian, is performing at the Chester County Historical Societyon Saturday, December 3 at 3pm. It will feature Christmas concertos by Vivaldi, Corelli, and other composers of the Baroque period. For more information click here.
STROLLING MUSICIANS | December
- To add to the spirit of the season, the West Chester Downtown Foundation is sponsoring Strolling Carolers on the second and third weekends of December. Enjoy the carolers at various locations in downtown on Friday evenings, December 9 & 16, 6-8pm; and Saturday afternoons December 10-17, 1 to 3pm.
Filed under Blogs, Events