December 2, 2013 · 5:44 pm
Support the arts this season as you practice the art of thoughtful giving at the annual holiday show at the Art Trust Gallery at Meridian Bank (16 West Market Street). It features a collection of original works by a variety of regional artists popularly-priced from $25 to $500. Enjoy libations and snacks from 5:00 to 8:30pm while you meet the artists. The event is free to attend and the exhibit continues through January 11. For more information visit www.thearttrust.com.
Filed under Events
Tagged as 2013, Art, art is for giving, Directories, Event, Galleries, gifted, holiday, Meridian Bank, painting, United States, Virtual, Visual arts
February 8, 2013 · 5:42 pm
With Winter Storm Nemo on the way, you can stay warm with some of the great indoor events happening this weekend in Downtown West Chester!
Papyrus Exhibit Opening Reception
- When: Friday, Feb. 8 from 5 – 8:30 p.m.
- Where:The Art Trust Gallery at Meridian Bank 16 W Market St, West Chester
- Why Go: The public is invited to this Artists’ Reception on Friday night. Six artists find expression in this ancient medium, reflecting their unique visions. Whether sculptural in form or as an element of a complex composition, paper as a medium unites the art in this exhibit. Refreshments served.
- Cost: Free
Conference: ADHD and the Brain – Unlocking Potential
- When: Saturday, Feb. 9 from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Where:WCU Sykes Student Union, 113 W Rosedale Ave, West Chester
- Why Go: Chester County/Main Line CHADD Presents a half day conference “ADHD and the Brain – Unlocking Potential.” Presentations by authors and experts on ADHD through the Lifespan, Executive Function, and ADHD Stress and Social Connections. Includes a special program for high school and college students and their parents. “College Success for Students with ADHD”
- Cost: $30.00 single admission/$50 double admission
Annual Feast of Decadent Chocolate
- When: Sunday, Feb. 10 at 9 a.m.
- Where: Unitarian Congregation of West Chester, 501 S High St
- Why Go: The Unitarian Congregation of West Chester will have its Annual Feast of Decadent Chocolate after each service on Sunday. Start by joining us for services at 9:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m. Then enjoy the “Feast,” which is a special potluck chocolate social hour. All are welcomed. Go to www.ucwc.org for more information.
- Cost: Free
“An Unfailing Legacy: Lincoln University”
- When: Sunday, Feb. 10 from 2 – 5 p.m.
- Where: Milestone Events 600 E Market St, West Chester
- Why Go: Chester County Chapter of the Lincoln University Alumni Association will host a book signing of the recently published, “An Unfailing Legacy: Lincoln University.” Copies of the book may be pre-ordered online.
- Cost: Free
Barbone Street Jazz Band
- When: Sunday, Feb. 10 from 4 – 6 p.m.
- Where: First Presbyterian Church 130 W Miner St, West Chester
- Why Go: Come celebrate Mardi Gras with the 6 member Barbone Street Jazz Band. Fellowship Hall at the Church will be set up with tables and chairs. Light refreshments available (non-alcoholic) The music, New Orleans Jazz and Swing, starts at 4 PM and ends at 6 PM. Family friendly.
- Cost: Free will offering
- When: Thursday, Feb. 7 – Sunday, Feb. 10
- Where: Madeleine Wing Adler Theatre, West Chester University
- Why Go: The Gilbert and Sullivan Society of Chester County presents H.M.S. Pinafore. Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday matinees at 2 p.m.
- Cost: Adult $23, Senior $19, Youth $10
Valentine Craft and Tea Party
- When: Saturday, Feb. 9 from 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Where: Municipal Building, 401 E Gay Street, West Chester
- Why Go: Kids ages 4 -6 are invited to create Valentine hats and crowns and a beaded heart decoration, followed by a mini tea party with refreshments and face painting.
- Cost: $15
Filed under Blogs
Tagged as 2013, Chester, Chester County Pennsylvania, events, February, Fellowship Hall, local, Meridian Bank, Nemo, new, Saturday, Sunday, west chester, West Chester University of Pennsylvania, Winter storm