Tour downtown West Chester’s wellness locations at your own pace during the West Chester Wellness Walk on Sunday, May 4, 2014. Discover new health and beauty businesses and enjoy special offers the entire day. The event was started by small business owners in order to highlight all the different wellness business in the borough, For a list of participating businesses click here or visit Downtownwestchester.com. Remember, the borough offers FREE parking on Sunday’s throughout downtown.
West Chester Parks & Recreation presents A Vintage Garage Sale beginning May 2, 2014. The Vintage Garage Sale is a series of Friday evening markets at the new Chestnut Street Garage, street level. It offers shoppers an opportunity to browse among antique booths for that one-of-a-kind find while enjoying live music and a snack.
This year, you’ll find an EVEN BETTER selection of vintage home goods, antiques, collectibles, up-cycled and architectural salvage, vintage jewelry and clothing, original art and photography. And let’s not forget about the wine-tasting, food trucks, and live music! For more information visit avintagegaragesale.com. Here is the full list of sales for 2014: May 2 | June 6 | August 8 | September 5 | October 3.
Get ready for an evening of oohs and ahhs, as Longwood Gardens presents spectacular Fireworks & Fountains shows guaranteed to make your summer memorable. The summer long event kicks off this Saturday, May 25! You can Buy tickets online or by calling 610-388-1000 (additional fees apply for phone orders). If members purchase tickets between March 1 & 7 they are eligible for discounts on certain shows. Find out more about the additional Member discount by clicking here. Below is a list of prices for the Firework and Fountain events:
- $38 Ages 16 & over
- $31 Members ages 16 & over
- $22 Ages 15 & under
- $18 Members Ages 15 & under
Taking place this weekend on both Saturday, May 18th and Sunday, May 19th join the free self-guided arts trail that connects and highlights extraordinary local artists across the area. Chester County studio tour invites friends, families, art enthusiasts and the curious to experience and meet a variety of astonishing artists as they exhibit their work during this two-day event.
This unique and intimate, two-day event creates an occasion to clearly understand the creative process of the artists and to experience their artwork on-site. This year’s tour features more than 50 artists in 23 different studios. You can now browse the artists work, and then download the map over at chestercountystudiotour.com.
Enjoy a seven-day celebration of the culinary scene in downtown West Chester during the annual West Chester Restaurant Week. Each participating restaurant offers a special multi-course, fixed-price menu for lunch or dinner and many are providing both. The event gives diners a chance to discover new eateries or get reacquainted with old favorites at a great value! Menus of participating restaurants will be posted at the beginning of West Chester Restaurant Week. See the West Chester Restaurant Week article in County Lines Magazine. Check back for more information.
Start your weekend off right this Friday with First Friday when stores are open late and offer specials. Find out what stores are offering at the Shopping Tab or check some out below!
- The Vintage Garage Sale, located at the new Chestnut Street Garage, 14 E Chestnut St, is a new First Friday event hosting a variety of vintage inspired booths selling retro, industrial, upcycled, and other unique vintage finds. Crafters and food vendors are also part of the fun.
- Malena’s Vintage Boutique is celebrating their new location at 101 W Gay St (at Church) and rolling out an additional rack of Spring dresses just for the day. The jewelry cases will also be over-flowing and cutomers will have a chance to win a $100 Gift Card during May. Open late with refreshments.
- The 5 Senses (133 W Market St, 610-719-0170) offering their 7th Anniversary Celebration May 4. Each First Friday is something fun including Porcelain Pottery by John Wilson during June 1 Gallery Walk, Frozen Margarita Night on July 6; West Market Street Block Party during the Iron Hill Twilight Criterium; and the ever popular Daiquiri Night August 6.
- Sunset Hill Jewelers & Fine Arts Gallery (23 N High St – 610-692-0374) — 29th Anniversary Celebration May 4 & 5, with 50% Off All In-Stock Sterling Silver Jewelry.
- Penwick Design (132 N High St – 610-431-2739) — Unleash your creativity during the May 4 special craft session, featuring MyZaic, custom mosaic kits (RSVP by calling the store). Save the dates for Chamilia Jewelry Event on May 19 – 10am-8pm, through April 22. With any purchase, register for your chance to win a free Chamilia bracelet. Spend $100 on Chamilia jewelry and receive a free sterling silver bead.
- BLINK (136 W Gay St, 610-431-2212) is having a Birthday! To celebrate, stop by for some bubbly and birthday cupcakes plus a sweet 20% off everything sale. Plus a bonus sale — 25% off all Denim & Joie. Open late.
- FAIRMAN’S (43 W Gay St, 610-344-9959) features a half price sale on any single clothing item for First Friday. Open Late.