After receiving a parking ticket in Downtown West Chester the other day, I thought it would be a good time to clear up confusion and remind visitors about parking. First and foremost, I would advise you, if you haven’t already, to watch Malena’s Where to Park in West Chester video. Also, on-street parking meters have been changed to allow customers to park up to three hours. At the same time, there are new hours of enforcement posted on affected meters:
- 8am to 10pm, Monday thru Friday.
- FREE on Saturday until 5pm. Saturday evening enforcement from 5pm to 10pm.
- FREE on Sunday except during major events which have a $5 flat fee.
Your best option for parking in downtown West Chester
are the centrally located municipal parking garages. Park as long as you want and have no fear of getting a parking ticket. To add convenience to downtown parking, there is a pilot program currently underway to test new parking meters. They’re the shiny ones found on portions of Gay and Market Streets and they now accept Visa/Mastercard as well as quarters. Incase you do encounter a ticket in the future, paying them just got a little easier! You can now pay them online by visiting the Borough of West Chester’ official
If you’re looking for a great Italian restaurant I would suggest checking out Fiorello’s located right outside downtown West Chester! Fiorello’s was established in 1997, and has been offering authentic Italian cuisine ever since. The restaurant sets a comfortable atmosphere right as you walk in. Fiorello’s offers eat-in, take out and catering, and can also provide in-house dining for your group or platters for you to take to your event. Their menu includes brick oven pizza, steaks, seafood, pasta and chicken, as well as a children’s menu.
- Hours: Mon – Sat: 11pm – 10pm Sun: 4pm – 10pm
- Handicap Accessible: Parking and ramps are available.
- Payments accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Low calorie, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Take-out
- Menu link:www.fiorellosinwestchester.com/dinner.php
- Parking: Free lot
- Cuisine: Italian
- Price level: $$$
- Reservations: Suggested
- Executive chef: Daniele Fiorello
- Features: Catering, Dinner, Kids’ Menu, Lunch, Outdoor seating
- Atmosphere: Quiet, Romantic
- Dress code: Casual