The snow has finally moved out and it seems as though Spring is finally moving in! Below our some events happening in Downtown West Chester this Friday, March 7, 2014! For more information visit FIGWESTCHESTER.COM.
- Tish Boutique Turns 1: Come join Tish Boutique in celebrating their one year anniversary. The party includes a DJ, giveaways, gift with purchase and 15% off store wide sale! Plus, a stylist from DL1961 will help you find the perfect pair of jeans. There will also be a trunk show featuring Rebecca Taylor and Badgley Mischka. There are a lot of reasons to come celebrate Tish Boutique, see you there! Visit their Facebook page here, for more information.
- Artists Reception: Celebrate the opening of “Taste” with The Art Trust – A ‘tasteful’ exhibit of original and delectable art in a variety of styles and media for eyes and minds to digest. Sample local craft brews from Sly Fox of Phoenixville, Victory of Downingtown, and Boxcar of West Chestergenerously provided by The Beer Mill of Chester County as well as pretzel and mustard tastings.
- First Presbyterian Church Art Show/Music: Join the First Presbyterian Church for music and art! Friday night, 6:30-9:30 p.m., includes the Art Show Opening, with music by The Jazz Sanctuary. Saturday, from 9:30-5 p.m the art show is open. Sunday, 9-10:30 a.m, features “The Lost Boy”, a Chancel Drama presented by the Celebration Singers. In closing, Sunday at 4:00 p.m. join the Vespers for the Season of Lent, presented by local combined choirs; free, offering received, reception to follow.
Looking for a place to go on Sunday morning with the family? Lucky for you the Olive Branch Restaurant will be hosting a Family Brunch on Easter Sunday, March 31. From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., treat yourself and your loved ones to a delicious meal accompanied by complimentary mimosas. The feast highlights include berry-stuffed French Toast with Grand Marnier maple syrup, honey-baked ham, rosemary and olive oil-roasted lamb, sweet potatoes whipped with Jack Daniels, green bean almondine, dessert plates, and much more. The cost is $17.95 per person. Reservations are recommended; call (610) 431-7141 to make yours today!
Looking to get out and enjoy a night on the town? Below are two events happening tomorrow in Downtown West Chester!
Casino Night | Friday, March 22 | 7:00pm
Casino Night promises an evening of good fun for a great cause! Try your luck at the black jack, craps, and Roulette tables. Enjoy hors d’Oeuvres, drinks, door prizes, and more at Milestone Events. All Proceeds Benefit the “Send a Kid to Camp Fund”! Reservations are a must! Pre-register with West Chester Parks & Recreation Department at 610-436-9010.
Broadway’s Next Hit Musical at WCU | Friday, March 22 | 7:30pm
WCU Live! presents Broadway’s Next Hit Musical, an improvised musical comedy, that will bring an evening of music, humor, and laughter — complete with memorable characters, witty dialogue, and surprising plot twists galore. Performance begins at 7:30pm at Emilie K. Asplundh Concert Hall at West Chester University. Adults $20; Seniors/Students $15. Details at WCU Department of Cultural & Community Affairs.
Hop’ on board the West Chester Railroad and take a 90 minute round trip along the beautiful Chester Creek from West Chester to the historic Glen Mills village. The Easter Bunny will be on board handing out treats to all passengers. During the 20 minute stop at the historic Glen Mills station there will be plenty of opportunities for you to take photos with the Easter Bunny. So be sure to bring your camera! Also, Greg Wright and Friends will be on board playing live music, singing all of your favorite Easter songs. Tickets are available now at West Chester Railroads official website, www.westchesterrr.net. Below is a list of prices for the Eastern Bunny Express.
- Adults – $22.00
- Children (ages 2-12) – $15.00
- Toddlers (9 mo-23-mo) – $6.00
Farmhouse by Frank DiPietro
The 4th Annual Radley Run Art Show will be taking place this weekend. For the 3rd straight year, Radley Run Country Club has selected Safe Harbor to receive the proceeds from this wonderful two day show. More than 50 area artists will display and sell their creations and many have donated silent auction pieces as well. The event will take place this Friday Evening, March 8th, as well as, Saturday March 9th. There is no cost to attend the Art Show. For more information on the event visit Safe Harbor of Chester County‘ website www.safeharborofgwc.org
Looking to get out on the town tonight? Check out some of these local events happening downtown! First Friday, held the first Friday of every month, is a chance to experience West Chester’s unique shops and boutiques. Lots of businesses extend their hours and will often have new items on display and will entice shoppers with refreshments and sales. Find out what stores are offering by visiting Downtownwestchester.com and clicking on the Shopping Tab.
Also, Don’t miss Fondue Friday at the Lincoln Room! Enjoy a cheese fondue followed by a rich chocolate dessert fondue in the intimate candlelit setting of The Lincoln Room from 7 to 9 pm. Adding to the atmosphere are the sounds of classical guitarist Malcolm Johnstone. $40 per couple (gratuities not included). BYOB (no corking fee). Call 610-696-2102 for reservations.
The 30th Anniversary Chester County Antique Show starts this Friday and runs all weekend long! The show will be held at the beautiful, historic Westtown School. The 2012 theme, “The Art of Chester County”, will feature high quality American and Continental antiques. The event draws over 2,000 to a collector-friendly atmosphere and wide range of items, from museum-quality furniture to pieces within the reach of the average visitor. For more information and a schedule of the show click on the flyer below!
Image via Wikipedia
Professionally dealt blackjack and craps and roulette tables will be part of the Casino Night Fundraiser presented by The West Chester Parks & Recreation Department. It will be held at Milestone Events on Market Street on March 30th from 7 to 11 p.m.
Proceeds from the event benefit their Send a Kid to Camp Fund, which allows underprivileged youths to enjoy the benefits of the summer camp program. Reservations are required, Call 610-436-9010 or visit www.west-chester.com/recreation for more information