Fig West Chester just compiled a great list of restaurants to visit in order to celebrate Year Eve’s in Downtown West Chester! Below our a few of the restaurants hosting celebrations tomorrow night, for more information visit Figwestchester.com.
- Spence 312 | 610.738.8844: Spence 312 is an upscale BYOB restaurant committed to using organic and locally grown produce alongside sustainable meat and seafood. Your final meal of 2014 will be a delicious event!
- The Classic Diner | 610.725.0515: If you haven’t visited The Classic Diner yet, plan to visit on Wednesday! They’ll be open New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day 7 am to 3 pm and serving up Eggs Benedict, Boston BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, and Absolute Angus Burgers, among other diner favorites.
- Red Star Craft House | 610.524.5893: Find 100+ craft beers, artisan meats and pizza, gourmet burgers and more at Dave Magrogan’s newest restaurant, located at the Exton Square Mall (first floor next to Main Line Health and Macy’s).
- Barra Rossa | 610.269.6000: Ring in the New Year with Frank Sinatra and Bobby Darin! Barra Rossa is offering a $30 package with open bar and midnight buffet from 10 pm to 1:30 am.
- Kildare’s Irish Pub | 610.431.0770: Watch the ball drop at Kildare’s—no packages and no commitments! Enjoy $5 champagne all day and a complimentary champagne toast at midnight.
- Carlino’s | 610.696.3788: Spending New Year’s Eve at home? Stop by Carlino’s to pick up great prepared foods, pastries, artisan cheeses and fresh baked bread.
- Rams Head Bar & Grill | 484.631.0241: Rams Head will host musician Ryan Opiekun and have drink specials from 10 pm to midnight. No cover and a free champagne toast when the ball drops!
- Mercato Ristorante and Bar | 610.701.6326: Mercato will host a four-course dinner that includes a champagne toast. The wine cellar is available for parties of 6 or more!
A Longwood Christmas will be on view from November 27, 2014 through January 11, 2015 at Longwood Gardens! This season, A Longwood Christmas, will feature a new bird-inspired display:
From trees adorned with nests and feathered friends, to topiary swans in our Exhibition Hall, to birdhouses, owls, and bald eagles decorating our tree houses, this holiday season flies high. Our Music Room depicts a festive Peacock Masquerade Ball, featuring elegant table settings and an 18-foot rotating tree. Stroll outside where colorful fountains dance, glimmering snowflakes hang overhead, and a half- million lights illuminate more of our outdoor gardens than ever before.
The annual event will also consist of spectacular lights, illuminated fountain shows, and live holiday performances. To learn more about timed ticketing, peak and non-peak pricing, and see more visiting tips to make your experience extraordinary click here or visit, Longwoodgardens.org.
The Borough of West Chester’s Comprehensive Plan Task Force invites the public to its open house at the Melton Center, located on East Market Street just past Adams Street. Learn about the planning, growth, development issues and other challenges facing West Chester. The public will be able to provide written and verbal feedback on a series of comprehensive planning issues at information stations. The open house will be held on Monday, November 10, 2014 at 4:30pm and concludes at 8:00pm. A formal presentation occurs at 5pm and 6pm. It will include discussion about the status of the Task Force’s work, the issues facing the Borough, and the open house’s logistics. For more information on the open house visit the Borough website by clicking here.
Join the Vintage Hollywood celebration presented by the Uptown! Entertainment Alliance this Saturday, October 11, 2014! Enjoy an evening of delicious food, spirits, and dancing while you help bring a theater to West Chester! Featuring musical performances by Sara Michaels Vintage Hollywood Red Carpet Gala and Friends and CONTAGIOUS Dance Band. For more information on the event or to purchase tickets click here.
Philter is an owner-operated cafe with a great passion for coffee, food, and hospitality. From hand-crafted coffee to homemade soups and fresh salads, fresh baked pastries and more, you’re bound to love what you order at Philter Coffee! Check out the video below with Chris Thompson, Barista and owner of Philter Coffee.
The annual Rotorfest at the American Helicopter Museum in Chester County is an awesome outing for the entire family to enjoy. There are several helicopters on display, where you can meet filght crews, ride simulators and tour craft interiors. You will also enjoy additional amusement rides, food and other festival entertainment in addition to multiple, jaw-dropping air shows each day. The event will be held on Saturday & Sunday, October 11 & 12. The gates will open at 10:00am and close at 4:30pm each day. For more information on the Rotorfest click here.
Uptown! Entertainment Alliance presents the Jazz Cocktail Hour, a Thursday evening concert series, with violinist Diane Monroe & vocalist Paul Jost. The artists will be presenting a new project of songs through the kaleidoscope of modern jazz. The event will take place from 6:00pm to 7:30pm at the Knights of Columbus Building. To learn more about both artists click here or visit uptownwestchester.org.
Join the Uptown! Entertainment Alliance tonight (Friday, September 20, 2014) for a screening of Raiders of the Lost Ark at 8:00pm. Arrive early for cocktails and a film discussion beginning at 7:50pm. The mission of Uptown! Entertainment Alliance is to promote cultural, economic, and civic life experiences in Chester County through live theater, music, dance, film, and other local events. For more information on the event click here.
Don’t miss the final Swingin’ Summer Thursdays this week in Downtown West Chester! The event will take place on Gay Street between High & Matlack with great food, live music, clowns, dancers, and more. Featured performers are the Indie-Roots-Americana-Folk-Rock sounds of New Sweden and The Quixote Project playing Rock-to-Rockabilly and Bluegrass-to-Soul. Swingin’ Summer Thursday is FREE for the whole family from 6:30-9:30pm! For more information on the event visit Downtownwestchester.com.
Don’t miss the block party happening during the Iron Hill Twilight Criterium this Saturday! The fun starts at 4pm, local businesses band together to give a special welcome to everyone, old friends and new! The kids will love getting their faces painted, grabbing some chalk and becoming the next sidewalk Rembrandt. Don’t forget to enjoy the great food and live music. Click here to learn more about the event, hope to see you there!