Next Friday, August 1st, 2014, visit Downtown Kennett Square for a Murder Mystery Art Stroll. Participation is free and all ages are welcome to the Murder Mystery Art Stroll. Pick up a map with the shop locations where the cast will be waiting. There will also be general suspect information and a worksheet to help solve the crime. Winners get prizes at the end of the evening! Come out from 6pm to 9pm. For more information on the event click here.
Below are some awesome events happening in and around West Chester this Mother’s Day weekend, enjoy!
CCHS Duplicate Book Sale | Saturday, May 10, 2014: The Chester County Historical Society’s Duplicate Book Sale features over 500 books. Topics include history, genealogy, poetry, and biographies that were accumulated at CCHS over the years. These published volumes are duplicates or are of general interest and not used by other patrons. Prices start as low as $1. For more information click here.
Willowdale Steeplechase | Sunday, May 11, 2014: The Willowdale Steeplechase is a family-friendly event enjoyed by over 10,000 spectators who spend the day watching world-class steeplechase racing. This non-profit organization benefits the following charities: The Stroud Water Research Center, The University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine New Bolton Center and Quest Therapeutic Services, Inc. For more information click here.
Tish Boutique Mother’s Day Sip & Shop | Sunday, May 11, 2014: Celebrate Moms this year at Tish Boutique for Sipping and Shopping! Pop a Tish balloon to reveal the discount off your entire purchase. Plus, enjoy a terrific gift with purchases for everyone. Include brunch at one of the many fabulous restaurants in downtown to enjoy an entire day together. In store sales to celebrate shopping for Mother’s Day begins Thursday, May 8th through Mother’s Day!
Chester County Running Store 5K for Mother’s Day| Sunday, May 11, 2014: The Chester County Running Store hosts the female only 5K run/walk to celebrate Moms this year. All proceeds go to support Mommy’s Light, a program to support those who have lost their moms. Make this special race an annual tradition and collect the event’s awesome Pink Tech TShirts! Visit the event on Facebook here.
Hop on board the West Chester Railroad and take a 90-minute round trip from downtown West Chester to historic Glen Mills Station along the beautiful Chester Creek. The train departs at both noon and 2pm. The Easter Bunny will be on board handing out treats to all passengers. Also, Greg Wright and Friends will be playing live music, singing all of your favorite Easter songs; they take song requests so don’t be shy! Make sure not to forget your camera because there will be plenty of opportunities for a photo with the Easter Bunny! See ticket information at WestChesterRR.com.
The snow has finally moved out and it seems as though Spring is finally moving in! Below our some events happening in Downtown West Chester this Friday, March 7, 2014! For more information visit FIGWESTCHESTER.COM.
- Tish Boutique Turns 1: Come join Tish Boutique in celebrating their one year anniversary. The party includes a DJ, giveaways, gift with purchase and 15% off store wide sale! Plus, a stylist from DL1961 will help you find the perfect pair of jeans. There will also be a trunk show featuring Rebecca Taylor and Badgley Mischka. There are a lot of reasons to come celebrate Tish Boutique, see you there! Visit their Facebook page here, for more information.
- Artists Reception: Celebrate the opening of “Taste” with The Art Trust – A ‘tasteful’ exhibit of original and delectable art in a variety of styles and media for eyes and minds to digest. Sample local craft brews from Sly Fox of Phoenixville, Victory of Downingtown, and Boxcar of West Chestergenerously provided by The Beer Mill of Chester County as well as pretzel and mustard tastings.
- First Presbyterian Church Art Show/Music: Join the First Presbyterian Church for music and art! Friday night, 6:30-9:30 p.m., includes the Art Show Opening, with music by The Jazz Sanctuary. Saturday, from 9:30-5 p.m the art show is open. Sunday, 9-10:30 a.m, features “The Lost Boy”, a Chancel Drama presented by the Celebration Singers. In closing, Sunday at 4:00 p.m. join the Vespers for the Season of Lent, presented by local combined choirs; free, offering received, reception to follow.
December is right around the corner and you know what that means? Santa is coming to town! Below are some events happening in and around West Chester that are perfect to enjoy with the entire family. For more information visit http://www.downtownwestchester.com.
Breakfast with Santa | Saturday, December 7: Enjoy a delicious buffet breakfast with Santa! Children will have a chance to sit with Santa, share their Christmas wishes, and take pictures with Santa (don’t forget to bring your camera). Limited seating, must pre-register. Download this registration form. Parking at Chestnut Street Garage. Call 610-436-9010 for more information. Buster seats and highchairs are not provided.
- Two-seatings: 8:30am and 10:00am
- Cost: $14 per person (2 years and over)
- Location: Chester County Historical Society, 225 North High St.
Meet Santa before the Christmas Parade | Saturday, December 7: Come downtown before the Old-Fashioned Christmas Parade begins and meet with Santa to share your wish list and have a picture taken (bring your camera).
- Time: Starting at 6:00pm
- Location: DNB First, 2 North Church Street
Santa’s Express on the West Chester Railroad: Families can join Santa for a 90-minute journey on the heated and decorated train through the Chester Creek Valley. Santa will be greeting everyone at Market Street Station and then going along for the ride to Glen Mills. Once at Glen Mills passengers can disembark and explore the historic station. There are plenty of photo opportunities on Santa’s lap inside the station. Remember your cameras! Upon return to West Chester, all passengers receive treats from Santa. Passengers will also enjoy the live music of Greg Wright and friends singing all of your favorite Christmas songs. They take requests so don’t be shy! See more information at WestChesterRR.net.
- Dates: November 29, 30, December 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22
- Times: 11am, 1pm, 3pm | additional 5pm departures December 15, 16, 21, 22
- Location: West Chester Railroad, 230 East Market Street
Girls’ Night Out comes to the borough tonight, Thursday, November 21! Grab your friends and head to town for an evening of one-night-only special sales and promotions. Celebrate your terrific finds with Spice Indian Thai Bistro. They will be offering live music, a prix fixe menu, and a complimentary glass of wine! See the complete directory of Downtown Restaurants by clicking here. Also, below is a list of some of the retail shops participating in Girls’ Night Out.
Downtown West Chester | Photo by Matthew Steindl
Looking to plan ahead for the upcoming month of September? Well, mark your calendars because you don’t want to miss these events happening around the area! For more information visit http://www.downtownwestchester.com.
Swingin’ Summer Thursdays | Thursday, September 5
Come downtown for the last Swingin’ Summer Thursday festival of the season! Enjoy great food, live music, clowns, dancers, and more. Free for the whole family from 6:30-9:30 pm! Rock-n-roll is the theme of this month’s event and Chaos Thompson and Blue Apple Groove will play between High & Matlack Streets.
Wedding Wishes at Tish | Tuesday, September 10
Celebrate with Tish Boutique as owner Ashley Tischler gets married! Join them on Tuesday, September 10 from 11 am to 2 pm for cake, champagne, and big storewide savings. And beginning September 3, Tish will be open 7 days a week!
Run the Vineyards at Penns Woods Winery | Sunday, September 29
Join a fabulous run through the vineyards at Penns Woods Winery this September! Entry includes post-race wine tasting and live music. Shop from local vendors and enjoy local foods after a 10K run through the breathtaking landscape of Southern PA. All previous “Run the Vineyards” have sold out weeks in advance — register now!