Once again the Rotary Club of West Chester is preparing for the Annual West Chester Chili Cook-Off! The 12th Annual event will take place Sunday, October 12th, from 10:30am to 3:30pm, Rain or Shine. The West Chester Chili Cook-Off Features a chili cook-off, games, decorating booth contest, live music & over 40 vendors. Last year, with the generosity of sponsors, the event was able to raise over $50,000 to support the good works of the Rotary Club of West Chester. To learn more about the event click here or visit Westchesterchilicookoff.com.
The Third Annual WC Fashion Showcase will be held on Thursday, September 18, at the Chester County Historical Society. Check out stylish looks from eleven local boutiques featuring local models. Complimentary wine & hors d’oeuvres will be served. Admission for the event is $15 at the door or $10 when you purchase your tickets in advance at TheWCPress.com/fashion. For more information or to purchase tickets click here.
The month of September is among us and First Friday in West Chester is taking place tonight! Stores will be opened late and specials can be found in retailers and galleries all around town. If you’ve never visited Downtown West Chester it’s a browsers paradise with more than 75 retail shops and boutiques offering a diverse and unique shopping experience for everyone. Also, make sure not to miss the free horse-drawn carriage rides from 5-7 pm! Leaving from Prescott Alley at the Chestnut Street Garage (where the Vintage Garage Sale is located). First come, first served. Sponsored by the West Chester BID. To learn more about the event visit Downtownwestchester.com.
Kimberley Vassal Insurance Services, located in Chadds Ford, is currently looking for a Personal Lines Customer Service Representative that will meet the following criteria:
- Must be local (Preferably living in Chester County/Delaware County).
- Must have property and casualty insurance license.
- Must work well in team atmosphere.
- Knowledge of handling claims, quoting, writing policies, processing changes, uploading payments
- Knowledge of remarketing accounts from quoting to final policy issuance.
- Knowledge of some of the following companies: Erie, Travelers, Progressive, Harleysville, Foremost, Lititz, Safeco, Philadelphia Contributionship & surplus lines carriers.
- Must be familiar with AMS360 (management system) and PL Rater.
Kimberley Vassal Insurance Services is a full service insurance agency providing sales, service, and risk management to businesses and individuals in both property & casualty. This is a career opportunity, not a job opportunity. If you enjoy the insurance industry and are looking for a great place to work and feel you can meet the above standards please contact John Vassalotti, 610.459.4444.
Don’t miss the block party happening during the Iron Hill Twilight Criterium this Saturday! The fun starts at 4pm, local businesses band together to give a special welcome to everyone, old friends and new! The kids will love getting their faces painted, grabbing some chalk and becoming the next sidewalk Rembrandt. Don’t forget to enjoy the great food and live music. Click here to learn more about the event, hope to see you there!
This Saturday walk and run in Honor of Nita Greet, a woman of singular spirit and compassion who touched the hearts and lives of so many within our community. The 5k course features gently rolling hills through the neighborhood streets of West Chester. Sign up to run on race day for $25. All proceeds go to benefit the social mission partner, Safe Harbor of Chester County. The race begins at 9:30 am, come out to help support this great cause! For more information visit Safeharborofgwc.org.
This Tuesday May 20th, 2014 visit Barnaby’s of West Chester for a night filled with history! How much do you think know about Chester County’s history? Test your knowledge during this five round trivia competition at Barnaby’s starting at 6:30pm. The event will be open to both individuals and teams. Emceed by Chester County Historical Society staff and featuring history-themed prize baskets along with bragging rights as 2014 champions. For more information visit Barnabyswestchester.com.
Have you ever dreamed of tasting your way through Carlino’s Market in West Chester after hours? Well, your dream will come true at Carlino’s Premier Spring Preview Party on Friday, March 14, 2014. Be the first to taste and experience our new Spring selection. Our chefs will unveil new, never before seen, mouthwatering creations for you to savor and enjoy.
What’s a party without great beer, wine and cocktails? The Cheese School at Carlino’s will feature a selection of world class, local beers paired with our fabulous artisan cheeses. Carlino’s elite Pastry Chefs will pair our homemade, decadent pastries with fantastic local wines. And our resident Mixologist will be crafting signature cocktails to pair with our gourmet charcuterie and antipasti. Join the premier VIP tasting event of the season and taste all that is Carlino’s. Tickets for the event are available now by visiting www.carlinosmarket.com or by clicking here.
Looking for something fun to do this Friday? Escape the cold weather by attending one of the many indoor events in Downtown West Chester tomorrow!
- Artists’ Reception at The Art Trust Gallery: Warm up with awesome art (and a glass of wine) at the The Art Trust Gallery Artists’ Reception (16 W Market St) starting at 5pm. Featured exhibit is All Aboard profiling the work of Art Trust board members including John Baker, Ellie Byrom-Haley, Diane Cirafesi, Jeff Schaller, Lisa Strode and Emily Wilkins. Open to the public. Free refreshments. Exhibit continues through February 21.
- Gilbert & Sullivan’s ‘Patience’ at WCU: Young ladies, rapturously caught up in the fads of today, pine after two free-spirited poets, both of whom are in love with Patience, a simple girl who cares nothing for poetry or fads. In a modern adaptation of Gilbert & Sullivan’s splendid musical comedy, Patience learns the true meaning of love, military suitors try to win the hearts of young ladies, and everyone ends with a suitable partner even if only a tulip or a lily. Stage direction by Daniel K. Williams and music direction by Florrie Marks. At theMadeleine Wing Adler Theatre, Swope Music Building, West Chester University. See ticket information.
- Planetarium Show at WCU: West Chester University Department of Geology & Astronomy presents Andromeda: Our Galaxy Neighbor at the University Planetarium, Schmucker Science Center, located on South Church Street between University Avenue and Rosedale Avenue. Show starts at 7pm and runs approximately 1-hour. Reservations required. Call the ticket office at 610-436-2266. See more information at WCU Public Planetarium Shows.
Kimberley Vassal Insurance Services, located in Chadds Ford, produces some awesome beer review videos every couple weeks. Being that today is Friday, I wanted to share the most recent review incase anyone was looking to try out a new beer over the weekend! This time around, Bill Jeppe (KVIS Employee) reviews the brand new Dogfish Head “Test Batch” Sixty-One. Released on Feb 1, 2013, Sixty-One is a new brewpub exclusive based on the fan favorite 60 Minute IPA. “For this one we used the same hops as 60 Minute IPA, but doubled up on dry hopping and added a generous dose of Syrah grape must during fermentation.” For more information visit http://www.dogfish.com. Don’t forget all of the awesome events happening this weekend in Downtown West Chester; click here to check them out. Have a great weekend!