Join Iron Hill of West Chester as they team up with regional breweries to showcase the best locally craft-brewed, Belgian-style beers. The event kicks-off at 1:00pm on Saturday January 25th, 2014. Below are just ten of the over thirty breweries participating in the event, check out the complete list of breweries here.
- Iron Hill Brewery, Maple Shade, NJ: Brett Saison
- Stewart’s Brewing Company, Bear, DE: Stumblin’ Monk
- Victory Brewing Company, Downingtown, PA: V-Twelve
- Allagash Brewing Company, Portland, ME: Yakuza
- Iron Hill Brewery, Newark, DE: Crazy Ivan Goes Belgian
- Manayunk Brewing Company, Philadelphia, PA: Siembra Rouge
- Dogfish Head Brewing Company, Lewes, DE: Red and White 2012 Vintage
- Turkey Hill Brewing Company, Bloomsburg, PA: Babbo Natale
- Saucony Creek Brewing Company, Kutztown, PA: Lord of Misrule
- Devil’s Backbone Brewing Company, Roseland, VA: Dark Abby
Now Through Sunday, October 13, visit Iron Hill Brewery of West Chester to get your German on! Stop in now for special Oktoberfest beers on tap and delicious German menu items. Enjoy Bavarian Lentil Soup, Oktoberfest Egg Rolls, Smoked Gouda Mac-n-Cheese, Schlachtplatte, Hackbraten, Huhner Schnitzel, Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Cake, and much more! Available weekdays, dinner only, and weekends, lunch and dinner. For more information visit www.ironhillbrewery.com or click here.
Main Line Animal Rescue has helped thousands of animals find new homes while launching one of the most successful anti-puppy mill campaigns in the history of animal welfare. Support their mission by visiting Iron Hill this Wednesday, July 31st, when 20% of your total bill is donated to the Rescue. If weather premits, there will be adoptable dogs there from 4-6pm! Please present this coupon to your server. For more information on the event click here.
On Saturday June 6, 2013 the The Annual Iron Hill Twilight Race Series will be taking place in Downtown West Chester. West Chester transforms into a colorful street festival full of fun with lots of free activities for the entire family. The high point will be the professional bicycle race along with block parties, foot races, and kids games. See the complete list of activities. The event is presented by the Greater Chamber of Commerce of West Chester. Check out the video from last years event below!
I was recently eating dinner at Iron Hill in West Chester and I noticed a person sitting at the bar with an oddly shaped mug. (normally I see people like myself drinking out of clear normal beer glasses.) My curiosity got the best of me, so I asked my waitress what these mugs were all about and got the answer, “they are specially for Iron Hill Mug Club Members.” I instantly wanted to be a part of this club, however I found out that they are no longer accepting new members because state regulators have recently raised concerns the popular club may not fully comply with local regulations. Iron Hill today published an open letter to members, detailing changes that are being made to the Mug Club at all locations. Below is a copy of the letter from Iron Hill President Kevin Finn which details the Mug Club Mandatory Changes.
To Mug Club Members and Iron Hill Customers:
Due to factors beyond our control, including decisions by state agencies that regulate the sale of alcohol, the Mug Club as we know it must end. Whether we agree with these decisions or not, or why after 10 years the Mug Club has become an issue, is not up to us to decide. What is important is finding a solution quickly and doing what’s best for our most loyal customers. We want to comply with all the laws and regulations in the states we operate but our primary focus is providing guests handcrafted beer, creative food and attentive service. We are currently revising the club to meet the regulator’s demands. During the transition from one club to another, the Mug Club will continue to function but with some important changes, including:
- We will no longer accept new members during this transition.
- Current members due for renewal will have their memberships extended until the new club is active.
- Current members will receive 500 points immediately. This is our gift for past loyalty and patience during this transition.
- Members will no longer receive points for the purchase of alcohol. This was a major issue for the state. Members will continue to receive points for all other purchases, excluding tax, tip and gift cards.
- Members can continue to drink from the Mug Club mug, but must pay the same price as non-club members, an additional 50 cents over the current price of a pint. The free eight ounces of beer that Mug Club members received was another major issue for the state.
Many Mug Club benefits will remain the same during this transition, including:
- Only members will be able to drink from the handmade Mug Club mugs.
- Members will continue to earn a $25 credit for each 300 points accrued.
- Members can redeem their credits to pay for any food and beverage purchases including alcohol.
- The head brewer at your local Iron Hill location will continue his regular emails with members.
- Each location will continue to host exclusive, members-only Mug Club events.
- Members can track their points and review member profile online.
We are currently looking at a variety of options and we hope to have a new customer rewards program in place this fall. It will be hard to top the old club but trust that the new one will include rewards and member benefits worthy of the extreme loyalty of our current Mug Club members. Feel free to discuss these changes and any Mug Club concerns with a manager or email@example.com. You may also email me directly firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support and patience, Kevin Finn President Iron Hill Brewery
I spend my Fourth of July evening enjoying a nice dinner at Iron Hill Brewery in downtown West Chester. After enjoying a great beer and some amazing food I was reminded that The Annual Twilight Criterium is happening this Saturday (July 7th) right in downtown West Chester! The Iron Hill invites the crowd to make the restaurant their home base throughout the race, enjoying the action on live closed-circuit television, and of course, enjoying great food and house-brewed beers. Check out the schedule below for all the action!
The race will take place on Saturday, July 7 beginning at 5 p.m. drawing professional racers and amateur enthusiasts alike for two days of cycling and craft beer in West Chester. Presented by the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce, a friendly children’s race will take place at 5 pm, followed by the Amateur Men’s Criterium 6 p.m., the Elite Women’s Criterium 6:45 p.m. and the Pro Men’s Criterium 7:45 p.m.; on Sunday, riders of all levels are encouraged to enjoy recreational bike tours through the countryside.
Iron Hill is releasing a very patriotic Beer today (June 28th) just in time for the Fourth of July! It’s just what you need before heading off to the shore or a family BBQ this weekend. Swing by by Iron Hill and grab growlers of their three special Fourth of July releases; Cherry Wheat, Belgian White & Blueberry Wheat. They’ll serve as the greatest addition to your holiday gatherings, pairing perfectly with your festive food! Below are the three new beer releases:
Cherry Wheat – Pale, unfiltered Belgian-style wheat beer flavored with dark sweet cherries. light-bodied, sweet, and refreshing.
Belgian Witbier – Pale, unfiltered Belgian-style wheat beer. Although light-bodied, it has complex orange citrus and spice flavors that are very refreshing.
Blueberry Wheat – Pale, unfiltered wheat beer fermented with Blueberry juice. Although light-bodied, it has a very refreshing palette that finishes on the sweet side.