Christmas is over and the New Year is quickly approaching! What are your plans for New Years Eve? If you haven’t already made plans check out some of these awesome places in Downtown West Chester, for more information visit http://www.figwestchester.com.
- Iron Hill Brewery | 610.738.9600: Take advantage of Iron Hill’s special Celebration Menu December 28 to 31, with choices like Crispy Seared Sea Bass, Baked Blue Point Oysters and Pear Financier!
- Kooma | 610.430.8980: Celebrate New Year’s Eve with Sushi and Sake! Call to reserve your ticket to Kooma’s NYE Special; $60 per person includes Sushi and Appetzer Buffet, House Sake, House Wine and Domestic Beers. A DJ will be spinning from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Limoncello | 610.436.6230: Ring in 2014 with a memorable meal! Enjoy a three-course dinner with choices like Clams Oreganato, Lobster Ravioli and Chocolate Souffle. Call for reservations.
- Social Lounge | 610.738.3948: Yell “Happy New Year” as you nosh on a special menu and dance to live music from local rock band, VCR. No cover!
- Teca | 610.738.8244: Plan a special night for two! Choose from three dinner seatings and enjoy special featured menu items like Branzino, Ossobucco and Chocolate Mousse.
Now Through Sunday, October 13, visit Iron Hill Brewery of West Chester to get your German on! Stop in now for special Oktoberfest beers on tap and delicious German menu items. Enjoy Bavarian Lentil Soup, Oktoberfest Egg Rolls, Smoked Gouda Mac-n-Cheese, Schlachtplatte, Hackbraten, Huhner Schnitzel, Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Cake, and much more! Available weekdays, dinner only, and weekends, lunch and dinner. For more information visit www.ironhillbrewery.com or click here.
The annual Barclay Friends’ Festival of Gardens is a West Chester garden tour held each September that features the private gardens of the residents of West Chester Borough. During the tour, local artists can be found working in many of the gardens, and following the tour there is a plant sale at Barclay Friends. The Festival of Gardens benefits the horticultural programming at Barclay Friends and is supported by members of the West Chester community who help plan and host the annual event in different sections of the borough each year.
This year’s 9th Annual Festival of Gardens Tour will be held on Saturday, September 7, 2013 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. The event will feature 12+ private gardens in the Southwest area of the borough of West Chester. Please visit http://bf.kendal.org or click here to purchase tickets. Tickets are priced at $20 in advance, $25 on the day of the tour. For questions or concerns, please contact the Development Office at 610-918-3433.
Did you know that Mother’s Day is this Sunday? If your looking for a fun event for the whole family to enjoy check out West Chester Railroads Mother’s Day Express. What better way to show your Mom how much you care then getting everyone together for a relaxing 90-minute train ride to Glen Mills and back, on the West Chester Railroad. All Moms ride for a special reduced fare. Train departures are taking place at 12pm and 2pm. For more information visit West Chester Railroads official website, www.westchesterrr.net
- Mom: $5.00
- Adults: $15.00
- Children (ages 2-12): $13.00
- Toddlers ride free!
For Valentine’s Day, enjoy a cheese fondue followed by a rich chocolate dessert fondue in the beautiful, intimate setting of the candlelit Lincoln Room (28 W Market, 610-696-2102) from 7pm to 9pm. Adding to the atmosphere are the romantic sounds of classical guitarist Malcolm Johnstone. This event will sell out quickly so call 610-696-2102 for reservations. $40 per couple (gratuities not included). BYOB (no corking fee).
This Friday, January 11th, Enjoy a cheese fondue followed by a rich chocolate dessert fondue in the intimate candlelit setting of The Lincoln Room from 7 to 9 pm. Adding to the atmosphere are the sounds of classical guitarist Malcolm Johnstone. $40 per couple (gratuities not included). BYOB (no corking fee). For more information on the event visit http://www.lincolnroomwestchester.com or call 610-696-2102 for reservations.