Escape from your daily grind to the scenic wineries of the Brandywine Valley Wine Trail. A $12 passport will get you a standard tasting at your choice of the four wineries where you’ll find the infamous grape-stomping events, picnicking, live music, hayrides, BBQs, tours, and opportunities to learn about these amazing local wineries! You’ll also receive a commemorative Brandywine Valley Wine Trail Anniversary glass. Bring your glass with you when you visit your tastings. Click here to learn more or visit www.bvwinetrail.com.
Here are some local places to find the perfect Christmas tree this holiday season! For more information check out the original article posted by WestChester.Patch.com by clicking here.
- Wiggins Christmas Trees: A family operation since 1972, Wiggins Christmas Trees are grown locally in Chester County. They supply both pre-chopped, at a lot located at 1301 West Chester Pike, and cut-your-own trees. Though cutting down your own tree is a bit more expensive — $45 versus as little as $19.95 for a pre-cut tree — it may provide a memorable family experience. The cut-your-own lot is located at 1257 Westtown Thronton Rd.
- Tricolor Tree Farm: Tricolor Tree Farm is located just outside West Chester — 1480 Hall Rd. — and offers cut-your-own Christmas trees. Not only can you cut down your own tree, but there’s hot chocolate, provided saws and weekend hayrides. The farm is open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. until dark.
- Buck Run Evergreen Farms: Buck Run Evergreen Farms, 1479 Hall Rd., has a lot where you can buy your own trees. It’s open on weekends until Dec. 23.
- Holiday Hayride at Arasapha Farm (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- Christmas Tree Safety (kimberleyvassalinsurance.wordpress.com)
This annual tradition began last-night (Thursday, October 25th) and continues tonight, Friday October 25th and Saturday October 27th from 5 to 9 p.m. Last night more than 60 local artists gathered to carve the huge pumpkins. The pumpkins will be lit and displayed tonight (Friday) and Saturday! Come out and enjoy great food provided by Concordville-Chadds Ford Rotary, live music, hayrides and a chance to win a raffle item. Admission is $5 for adults 18 and older; $3 for children ages 7 to 17; ages 6 and under are FREE. Chadds ford Historical Society members are FREE with membership card.
Location: on the grounds of the Chadds Ford Historical Society 1736 North Creek Rd in Chadds Ford. Click here to view the map. For more information on the event click here.