Girls’ Night Out comes to the borough tonight, Thursday, November 21! Grab your friends and head to town for an evening of one-night-only special sales and promotions. Celebrate your terrific finds with Spice Indian Thai Bistro. They will be offering live music, a prix fixe menu, and a complimentary glass of wine! See the complete directory of Downtown Restaurants by clicking here. Also, below is a list of some of the retail shops participating in Girls’ Night Out.
“Snow Day Spirit” West Chester | By John Hannafin
Looking to get out of the house this weekend? Well, check out some of these local events happening around the West Chester area:
Murder Mystery Theater: Lucy, I’m Dead
- When: Saturday, Feb 16 at 6 pm
- Where: Unitarian Fellowship of West Chester501 S High St, West Chester
- Why Go: Unitarian Congregation of West Chester presents“Lucy, I’m Dead.” Tickets include wine, hors d’oeuvres, finger food, chocolate desserts and the show, performed by Without a Cue Productions. (Adult content 15 years or older.) This event is opened to the public but seating is limited. You must reserve your seat by e-mailing Marie Steel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 610-692-5966. Cash or check will be accepted at the door. Go to www.ucwc.org for general information.
- Cost: $35
Play4Kay – Pink Basketball Games
- When: Saturday, Feb 16 at 1 pm
- Where:West Chester University 700 S High St, West Chester,
- Why Go:The PINK ZONE is now called Play for Kay. This is a national event. Women play at 1 pm and Men at 3 pm. Join in the fight against breast cancer and support the WCU basketball teams.
- Cost: $6 for adults and $4 for youth
Family Day at CCHS
- When: Monday, Feb 18 from 10 am – 1 pm
- Where:Chester County Historical Society
- Why Go: Enjoy old-fashioned family fun with crafts, toys, dress up and story telling. At 11am, meet children’s author Jen Bryant, author of A Splash of Red, The Life and Art of Horace Pippin. All museum exhibits and The History Lab will be open. Call 610-692-4800 for details.
- Cost: $10.00 per family.
Backyard Bird Count
- When: Saturday, Feb 16 from 9:30 – 11 a.m.
- Where:Great Valley Nature Center State Rd & Hollow Rd, Phoenixville
- Why Go:Come to GVNC to participate in a real Bird Count..we will teach you how! We’ll start with the basics of bird identification, go on a bird walk, and then we’ll enter the info in the GVVC data base.
- Cost: Free
West Chester Parks and Recreation presents an upcoming family tradition, the Annual Breakfast With Santa, unfolding this Saturday, December 1st! Enjoy a delicious buffet breakfast with Santa! Children get the chance to sit with Santa, share their Christmas wish lists, and of course, take photos (parents don’t forget those cameras!). Guests must pre-register for the holiday event. There are two seating choices for the breakfast which include: 8:30 and 10:00am times. Tickets are $12.00 and limited to 75 people per seating, so don’t wait, register today by contacting Borough Parks and Recreation at (610) 436-9010.
SWINGIN’ SUMMER THURSDAY | August 2
Two great Jazz bands are featured at the August Swingin’ Summer Thursday — Rob Diener & Anomaly and The Rob Swanson Project. This outdoor festival event begins at 6:30 on Gay Street between High & Darlington. Presented by West Chester Parks & Recreation and sponsored by the West Chester BID. FREE for the whole family.
FIRST FRIDAY | August 3
Stores are open late and the metered parking is free after 12-noon for this First Friday only. Check out the final Vintage Garage Sale for the summer at the Chestnut Street Parking Facility (14 East Chestnut St).
CHILDRENS PLAY AT CHESTER COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY | August 11
The Uptown Entertainment Alliance presents The Fabulous Fable Factory. Monroe wanders into a seemingly abandoned factory, accidentally trips a lever, and activates an assembly line of seven characters who create fabulous fables. Show begins at 11:00am. Tickets available at Chester County Historical Society (High & Chestnut Sts).
MUSIC AT MARSHALL SQUARE PARK | August 16
The Friends of West Chester Parks & Recreation present the Marshall Square Park Summer Concert Series featuring the sounds of classic rewind with the Pompeo Brothers Band. Starts at 6:30pm. FREE for the entire family. Bring blankets or chairs.
Fairman’s is hosting a skate jam at Providence skate spot that will be closing out the cool new spot for the season! Join Fairman’s at the Providence Church Skate Spot for a fun day to skate with your friends! Saturday, November 12, 2011, starting at 11:00am. FREE to skate. $10.00 to enter Best Line Contest. The spot is located at 430 Hannum Avenue, West Chester, PA 19380. For more information you can contact Fairman’s skate shop at 610-344-9959.
- Fairman’s Skate Shop (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- Providence Skate Spot (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- Interview with ThreeSixteen’s Jon Crans (mywestchesterpatown.com)
Filed under Blogs, Events
Image via Wikipedia
The annual free summer Thursday guided walking tours kick-off again this year at the Chester County Historical Society (High & Chestnut) when the band pipes up at 5:30p.m. There will be a kick-off ceremony to be followed by guided walking tours of the northeast section of West Chester Borough. Enjoy a visual delight of fine buildings in various historical styles, and then return to the Historical Society for refreshments. Admission: Free, but must pre-register at 1-877-442-2476 then select menu option 1. The tours begin tomorrow (June 16th) at 5:30p.m. For more information about the event visit www.downtownwestchester.com!
Chester County Historical Society co-sponsors Town Tours and Village Walks with the Chester County Board of Commissions through the Parks and Recreation Department, Westtown Township, and the Chester County Historic Preservation Network. For a full schedule of tours, see http://www.chesco.org/parks.
Filed under Blogs, Events
West Chester Pennsylvania is a town full of rich history, fascinating activities, and an awesome sightseeing town. The goal of Mywestchesterpatown.com is a website dedicated to keeping West Chester, PA residents informed and up-to-date with all that is happening in our community. Please subscribe to the website and join us!