May 27, 2014 · 5:16 pm
West Chester Parks & Recreation presents Super Sunday on Gay Street in downtown West Chester! The event will take place on June 1, 2014 from 11am to 5pm, come join the giant street festival with six bands playing throughout the day, amusement rides & games for the kids, antique cars & craft booths for moms and dads, plus a large number of food booths for everyone! For more information on Super Sunday click here.
Filed under Events
Tagged as amusement rides, antiques, bands, chester county, Chester County Pennsylvania, Concert, Crafts, Downtown West Chester, Games, Gay Street, local event, pennsylvania, Super Sunday, West Chester Parks & Recreation, West Chester Pennsylvania
March 12, 2014 · 2:38 pm
There are a number of new development projects slated for West Chester in the upcoming years. See a list of the different projects below, visit Downtownwestchester.com for more information.
- Chestnut Lofts Chestnut Street Lofts: New construction of 60 residential units with parking at 114 East Chestnut Street. The projected completion and occupancy is summer 2014.
Concept Design for Chestnut Street Lofts
- Theater Development: The Uptown! Theater Alliance has launched a capital campaign for a $3.75-million redevelopment of the old Armory (Washington and High Streets) into a theater. Concept rendering by Frens and Frens.
- 124 East Market Street: Known as 124 Market Place, this project has broken ground and will include retail on the ground floor and 88 residential units. The current projection for completion is early 2015.
- 220 East Chestnut: The project, located at Chestnut & Matlack Streets, includes 205 residential units. The building permit for the project is expected to be issued in the next 60 days and the construction is expected to be complete by spring 2016.
- Proposed Hotel: A 120-room, full-service DoubleTree hotel has been proposed for the corner of Gay & Walnut Streets. In December, 2013, Borough Council denied final approval. It is now in appeal.
Concept Design for 124 East Market Street
- Mosteller Mixed Use Development: Currently, the owners have conditional use and land development plan approval to construct a new mixed-use building at the old site of the old Mosteller Department Store at the corner of Gay & Church Streets. The project is to include retail on the ground floor, basement parking, offices on floors 2-3 and residential condos on floors 4-7. Construction date has not been set.
- Outdoor Pool Renovation: The Charles A. Melton Community & Arts Center has recently completed a sustainability report for the renovation of the outdoor swimming pool. Fund raising efforts are underway. Concept rendering by Friday Architects.
Filed under Blogs
Tagged as activities, Area, Business, chester county, Chester County Pennsylvania, Counties, Downtown West Chester, Dowtown West Chester, Gay Street, pennsylvania, Shopping, west chester, West Chester Pennsylvania
January 17, 2014 · 4:02 pm
Start planning your trips to West Chester to enjoy the multitude of year-round events in the historic setting of the Borough. New this year is the West Chester WinterFest, February 14-16, 2014, a three day festival with carriage rides, ice sculpting, retail sales and restaurant specials along with musical performances at select venues. Head over to Downtownwestchester.com to see a full list of events happening throughout Downtown West Chester the year.
Filed under Blogs
Tagged as 2014, activities, Arts and Entertainment, chester county, Chester County Pennsylvania, Downtown, Dowtown West Chester, events, Gay Street, local, New Year, pennsylvania, Shopping, west chester, West Chester Pennsylvania
November 21, 2013 · 4:19 pm
Girls’ Night Out comes to the borough tonight, Thursday, November 21! Grab your friends and head to town for an evening of one-night-only special sales and promotions. Celebrate your terrific finds with Spice Indian Thai Bistro. They will be offering live music, a prix fixe menu, and a complimentary glass of wine! See the complete directory of Downtown Restaurants by clicking here. Also, below is a list of some of the retail shops participating in Girls’ Night Out.
Filed under Events
Tagged as Downtown West Chester, events, Gay Street, girls night, Girls' Night Out, happenings, Local Events, pa, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving dinner, Thursday, west chester
November 8, 2013 · 4:19 pm
Check out all the awesome events Downtown West Chester
has in store this November weekend! For more information visit http://www.downtownwestchester.com
- West Chester Public Library Celebration | Saturday, November 9, 2013: Big birthdays like this don’t come along often, so a fun time is planned to help celebrate the West Chester Public Library’s 125th birthday. The gala celebration takes place from 6:30-10:30pm at the Chester County Historical Society, 225 N High St, and includes a cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. See ticket and sponsorship opportunities.
- Masters of Motown at WCU | Saturday, November 9, 2013: WCU Live! presents the entire Motor City experience with Masters of Motown, one of the great experiences in musical history. The 10-member cast includes three female vocalists and three male vocalists supported by a live back-up band. Together they reproduce an authentic style and sound that made Motown what it is. Show begins at 7:30pm with reserved seating at Emilie K. Asplundh Concert Hall, Philips Memorial Building.
- Veterans Day Parade | Sunday, November 10, 2013: Honor the veterans of American wars starting at 2pm on Gay Street. Memorial ceremony at 3:00pm. See details at Veterans Day Parade.
- West Chester Railroad Fall Foliage Adventure | Sunday, November 10, 2013: Enjoy a brisk fall afternoon along the Chester Creek Valley from the comfort of an excursion train that takes you on a 90-minute journey to the village of Glen Mills and back. See West Chester Railroad for details.
Filed under Events
Tagged as chester county, Chester County Pennsylvania, Chester Creek, Concert, Gay Street, Glen Mills, local, Motown, pennsylvania, Philips Memorial Building, weekend events, west chester, West Chester Railroad
October 31, 2013 · 3:56 pm
Need a break from football Sunday? Head downtown this Sunday from noon to 5pm for a much needed Sunday off! Various stores will be having specials, including $20 blowouts at Balance Salon, and 10% off your bill between noon and 3 pm at Roots Cafe. Stop by Tish Boutique for a 20% off store-wide sale, as well as free chair massages from Optimal Massage. Show your receipt from any participating location and receive gift with purchase at Tish. For more information on the event visit www.figwestchester.com or click here.
Filed under Blogs
Tagged as Chester County Pennsylvania, Chester Creek, downtown wc, events, Excursion train, Gay Street, Glen Mills, pa, Salon (website), WCU, weekend, west chester, West Chester Railroad, West Chester University of Pennsylvania
October 23, 2013 · 5:40 pm
Tonight come Downtown for the annual Halloween Parade! Enjoy the costumes, the kids, and the fun starting at 7pm for the West Chester Halloween Parade. Parade gathers on Market Street between Church & Darlington and continues down Market and up Gay Street. Marching bands and cheerleading performances are featured as well. Families and groups are welcome to participate. For more information call the West Chester Parks and Recreation at 610-436-9010. There will be free parking offered at the Justice Center Garage (Market & New Streets). Hope to see you there!
October 15, 2013 · 2:53 pm
All residents and businesses within the Borough of West Chester are required to recycle their leaves. Starting early November through the middle of December, the Public Works Department conducts a six (6) week collection program using leaf vacuum machines and street sweepers. During these six weeks, the areas north of Market Street are collected Mondays and Tuesdays. The areas south of Market Street are collected Wednesdays and Thursdays. Each neighborhood will have three collection weeks, for specific collection dates click here.
The leaf collection crews generally follow the 8 AM – 11 AM sweeper routes on those days as the absence of parked cars lets the collection move along swiftly. After 11 AM the crews then attend to the other streets in the area scheduled for collection that day. Residents are instructed to not pile up leaves for curbside collection until the last week of October; collection does not begin until November. Please be sure to finish placing piles out for collection by the Sunday before the final collection week. The Borough will not collect leaves after the final scheduled collection week in middle December.
To dispose of leaves any time other than the scheduled collection season, bring your bagged leaves to the drop-off area at the Public Works Department at 205 Lacey Street. Please open the bags and dump the leaves into the pile and take all plastic bags home with you. This drop off is open to Borough of West Chester residents ONLY. For more information visit http://www.west-chester.com or click here.
October 9, 2013 · 4:46 pm
Below are some local events coming up this weekend in Downtown, West Chester! For more information visit http://www.downtownwestchester.com.
HOMECOMING WEEKEND at WCU | October 11-13, 2013
Downtown West Chester welcomes the alumni, parents, and friends of West Chester University for Homecoming as the Rams play East Stroudsburg University Warriors on Saturday at 2:00pm. Coverage on WCHE 1520AM.
WEST CHESTER CHILI COOK-OFF | Sunday, October 13, 2013
West Chester Rotary presents an opportunity for everyone to vote for the best chili in West Chester. This street festival event is from 12-noon to 3 pm on Gay Street. There are lots of activities for the everyone so bring the whole family. Learn more at WestChesterChiliCookOff.com
WEST CHESTER RAILROAD FALL FOLIAGE EXPRESS | Sunday, October 13, 2013
Enjoy a brisk fall afternoon along the Chester Creek Valley from the comfort of an excursion train that takes you on a 90-minute journey to the village of Glen Mills and back. See West Chester Railroad for details.
September 11, 2013 · 3:28 pm
This Sunday (September 15, 2013) the annual Chester County Restaurant Festival will be taking place! There will be lot’s of food and fun from noon to 5pm in downtown West Chester. The event is free to attend for the whole family. You will find more than 50 restaurants booths and over a hundred arts & crafts vendors. Three stage areas provide live music. Adults can enjoy the Church Street Cafe where patrons can sit and relax with a pint of refreshing brew. Events include the Chester County Culinary Challenge where chefs compete for the title of Best Chef in Chester County. This year, the festival has expanded to include Gay Street from Matlack to Darlington and Market Street from Darlington to High. Parking in all Borough of West Chester garages is $5 for all day. See more at ChesterCountyRestaurantFestival.com.
- The 2013 Chester County Restaurant Festival (kimberleyvassalinsurance.wordpress.com)
- This Week in Downtown West Chester (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- Faces of Chester County Exhibit (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- 2013 Hootenanny Hoedown (kimberleyvassalinsurance.wordpress.com)