West Chester Parks & Recreation presents Super Sunday on Gay Street in downtown West Chester! The event will take place on June 1, 2014 from 11am to 5pm, come join the giant street festival with six bands playing throughout the day, amusement rides & games for the kids, antique cars & craft booths for moms and dads, plus a large number of food booths for everyone! For more information on Super Sunday click here.
There are a number of new development projects slated for West Chester in the upcoming years. See a list of the different projects below, visit Downtownwestchester.com for more information.
- Chestnut Lofts Chestnut Street Lofts: New construction of 60 residential units with parking at 114 East Chestnut Street. The projected completion and occupancy is summer 2014.
Concept Design for Chestnut Street Lofts
- Theater Development: The Uptown! Theater Alliance has launched a capital campaign for a $3.75-million redevelopment of the old Armory (Washington and High Streets) into a theater. Concept rendering by Frens and Frens.
- 124 East Market Street: Known as 124 Market Place, this project has broken ground and will include retail on the ground floor and 88 residential units. The current projection for completion is early 2015.
- 220 East Chestnut: The project, located at Chestnut & Matlack Streets, includes 205 residential units. The building permit for the project is expected to be issued in the next 60 days and the construction is expected to be complete by spring 2016.
- Proposed Hotel: A 120-room, full-service DoubleTree hotel has been proposed for the corner of Gay & Walnut Streets. In December, 2013, Borough Council denied final approval. It is now in appeal.
Concept Design for 124 East Market Street
- Mosteller Mixed Use Development: Currently, the owners have conditional use and land development plan approval to construct a new mixed-use building at the old site of the old Mosteller Department Store at the corner of Gay & Church Streets. The project is to include retail on the ground floor, basement parking, offices on floors 2-3 and residential condos on floors 4-7. Construction date has not been set.
- Outdoor Pool Renovation: The Charles A. Melton Community & Arts Center has recently completed a sustainability report for the renovation of the outdoor swimming pool. Fund raising efforts are underway. Concept rendering by Friday Architects.
Start planning your trips to West Chester to enjoy the multitude of year-round events in the historic setting of the Borough. New this year is the West Chester WinterFest, February 14-16, 2014, a three day festival with carriage rides, ice sculpting, retail sales and restaurant specials along with musical performances at select venues. Head over to Downtownwestchester.com to see a full list of events happening throughout Downtown West Chester the year.
Girls’ Night Out comes to the borough tonight, Thursday, November 21! Grab your friends and head to town for an evening of one-night-only special sales and promotions. Celebrate your terrific finds with Spice Indian Thai Bistro. They will be offering live music, a prix fixe menu, and a complimentary glass of wine! See the complete directory of Downtown Restaurants by clicking here. Also, below is a list of some of the retail shops participating in Girls’ Night Out.
Need a break from football Sunday? Head downtown this Sunday from noon to 5pm for a much needed Sunday off! Various stores will be having specials, including $20 blowouts at Balance Salon, and 10% off your bill between noon and 3 pm at Roots Cafe. Stop by Tish Boutique for a 20% off store-wide sale, as well as free chair massages from Optimal Massage. Show your receipt from any participating location and receive gift with purchase at Tish. For more information on the event visit www.figwestchester.com or click here.
Tonight come Downtown for the annual Halloween Parade! Enjoy the costumes, the kids, and the fun starting at 7pm for the West Chester Halloween Parade. Parade gathers on Market Street between Church & Darlington and continues down Market and up Gay Street. Marching bands and cheerleading performances are featured as well. Families and groups are welcome to participate. For more information call the West Chester Parks and Recreation at 610-436-9010. There will be free parking offered at the Justice Center Garage (Market & New Streets). Hope to see you there!