October 20, 2014 · 6:33 pm
Join the Chester County Art Associate for an evening of fun and creativity! The event will take place October 29th from 5:00-8:00PM. Family Fun Nite Pumpkin Art Carve has become an annual event, this year Chris McKinney, one of CCAA’s printmaking instructors, will give a demonstration. We will have a haunted house drawing contest, bag toss, pumpkin tic-tac-toe, face-painting, pumpkin painting and pumpkin carving. Apple cider and cookies will be served to ring in the Fall season. Tickets are $10 per person ($7 per person for groups of 5 or more). For more information on the event visit Chestercountyarts.org.
Filed under Events
Tagged as activities, Apple Cider, Arts and Entertainment, Chadds Ford, chester county, Chester County Art Associate, Chester County Pennsylvania, Cookies, Downtown West Chester, Fall season, family fun, Family Fun Nite Pumpkin Art Carve, fun, pennsylvania, Pumpkin Carving, west chester, West Chester Pennsylvania
April 30, 2014 · 3:21 pm
The West Chester Railroad is offering a special Mother’s Day Express on Sunday, May 11, 2014. Take your Mother on a relaxing picturesque 90-minute round trip train ride from downtown West Chester to historic Glen Mills Station. The train will depart at both noon and 2pm. All Moms ride for a special reduced fare, see ticket information at WestChesterRR.com or click here.
Filed under Events
Tagged as activities, chester county, Chester County Pennsylvania, fun, Glen Mills Station, local event, Mother's Day Express, Mothers Day, pennsylvania, train, west chester, West Chester Pennsylvania, West Chester Railroad
November 26, 2013 · 8:44 pm
The holiday season’s biggest celebration is right around the corner! It starts with the Mars Drinks Old-Fashioned Christmas Parade, Friday, December 6, starting at 7:15pm. Dozens of events continue throughout the weekend to ensure fun for the entire family! Make sure to stop by the Fig West Chester table to pick up the new holiday issue. For more information visit http://www.downtownwestchester.com or click here for a list of events.
Filed under Blogs, Events
Tagged as chester county, Christmas, Christmas and holiday season, Event, Fig West Chester, fun, holiday, local, Moxie House, Opinions, pa, Parade, pennsylvania, Thanksgiving, WCU, west chester
May 15, 2013 · 6:05 pm
Be a part of the action by volunteering at the 2013 Brandywine Food and Wine Festival! The festival will take place on Saturday, June 8, from noon until to 6 p.m. at the Myrick Conservation Center, located in West Chester.
Their are currently several shifts available for volunteers. Both teens and adults are encouraged to join in on the fun festival atmosphere. All volunteers will receive a festival t-shirt and box lunch. Volunteers under 21 will also receive a $25 Wawa gift card. Volunteers over 21 will receive a bracelet for 10 wine tastings (to be provided after your volunteer shift) and a Brandywine Valley Wine Trail passport, good for a free tasting at all member wineries.
Volunteers will assist with things like taking tickets, providing information, checking identification and verifying ages, parking, providing oversight for the silent auction sign-up process, selling bottled water and monitoring trash and recycling for removal.Volunteers will be asked to attend an orientation prior to the start of their shift and will be contacted with their assignment no later than Friday, May 30.
If you are interested in volunteering for the event you can sign up here or visit Brandywine Food and Wine Festival’s official website for more information, www.pawinefestival.com.
Filed under Events
Tagged as 2013, Auction, Brandywine Food and Wine Festival, Brandywine Valley, chester county, Drink, Event, Festival, food, free, fun, http://www.pawinefestival.com, local, pa, pennsylvania, Recreation, United States, Wine, Wine festival, Wine tasting, wine trail
March 14, 2013 · 3:24 pm
Hop’ on board the West Chester Railroad and take a 90 minute round trip along the beautiful Chester Creek from West Chester to the historic Glen Mills village. The Easter Bunny will be on board handing out treats to all passengers. During the 20 minute stop at the historic Glen Mills station there will be plenty of opportunities for you to take photos with the Easter Bunny. So be sure to bring your camera! Also, Greg Wright and Friends will be on board playing live music, singing all of your favorite Easter songs. Tickets are available now at West Chester Railroads official website, www.westchesterrr.net. Below is a list of prices for the Eastern Bunny Express.
- Adults – $22.00
- Children (ages 2-12) – $15.00
- Toddlers (9 mo-23-mo) – $6.00
Filed under Events
Tagged as Chester Creek, children, Easter, Easter Bunny, fun, Glen Mills, Greg Wright, Holidays, Hop, Local Events, March, pennsylvania, Rabbit, railroad, Tickets online, wc, west chester, West Chester Railroad
January 18, 2013 · 4:11 pm
It’s Friday, congratulations on making it through another long week! If your looking for something to do this weekend below are some events to check out happening around the West Chester area.
- When: Sunday, Jan. 20 from Noon – 3 p.m.
- Where: YMCA 605 Airport Rd, West Chester
- Why Go: Bring the kids for an afternoon of fun at the West Chester Area Y! Swim, play games and explore all that the Y has to offer. Free and open to the community.
- Cost: Free
WCFS Empty Bowl Supper
- When: Friday, Jan. 18 from 6 – 8 p.m.
- Where: West Chester Friends School
- Why Go: The West Chester Friends School is hosting an Empty Bowl supper to benefit the West Chester Food Cupboard. Empty Bowl is a national effort to raise awareness about hunger and food insecurity in communities. Participants receive a handmade glazed bowl, a simple supper, bowl filled with soup, and bread.
- Cost: $10 per person, or $20 for families of two or more.
Furry Predators of the Night
- When: Friday, Jan. 18 from 7 – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Brandywine Valley Association, 1760 Unionville-Wawaset Rd, West Chester
- Why Go: Ever wonder what animals lurk at night? Join us for a howling good time as we investigate the nocturnal habits of foxes and coyotes! Touch real fur from fox and coyote; learn how to identify their tracks, scat and sounds! Bundle up because we will finish out our evening with a walk in hopes of spotting them with the help of a predator call! *Moderate walking.
- Cost: Members: $5.00 Non-members:$7.00
Artisans Exchange Indoor Food and Farmers Market
- When: Every Saturday until April 27 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Where: Golden Valley Farms 208 Carter Dr, West Chester
- Why Go: This is the region’s first indoor market featuring organically produced foods made right on premise. Enjoy browsing through over 25 local food artisans and farmers, interactive tasting sessions, hands-on demonstrations, live music and more!
- Cost: Free
Filed under Blogs
Tagged as 12-hour clock, Artisan, Chester, Chester County Pennsylvania, downtown events, events weekend, family, Farmers' market, Friday, fun, Local Events, Sunday, wc, WCU, west chester, West Chester area, YMCA