The month of September is among us and First Friday in West Chester is taking place tonight! Stores will be opened late and specials can be found in retailers and galleries all around town. If you’ve never visited Downtown West Chester it’s a browsers paradise with more than 75 retail shops and boutiques offering a diverse and unique shopping experience for everyone. Also, make sure not to miss the free horse-drawn carriage rides from 5-7 pm! Leaving from Prescott Alley at the Chestnut Street Garage (where the Vintage Garage Sale is located). First come, first served. Sponsored by the West Chester BID. To learn more about the event visit Downtownwestchester.com.
Now through November, The Brandywine River Art Museum is offering a special tour package. The program includes guided visits to both the N.C. Wyeth House and Studio and the Andrew Wyeth Studio and lunch in the Museum Cafe overlooking the scenic Brandywine River. Cost, including lunch, museum tour and all admission fees, is $40 for adults, $35 for seniors and $20 for members. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.brandywinemuseum.org or click here.
The snow has finally moved out and it seems as though Spring is finally moving in! Below our some events happening in Downtown West Chester this Friday, March 7, 2014! For more information visit FIGWESTCHESTER.COM.
- Tish Boutique Turns 1: Come join Tish Boutique in celebrating their one year anniversary. The party includes a DJ, giveaways, gift with purchase and 15% off store wide sale! Plus, a stylist from DL1961 will help you find the perfect pair of jeans. There will also be a trunk show featuring Rebecca Taylor and Badgley Mischka. There are a lot of reasons to come celebrate Tish Boutique, see you there! Visit their Facebook page here, for more information.
- Artists Reception: Celebrate the opening of “Taste” with The Art Trust – A ‘tasteful’ exhibit of original and delectable art in a variety of styles and media for eyes and minds to digest. Sample local craft brews from Sly Fox of Phoenixville, Victory of Downingtown, and Boxcar of West Chestergenerously provided by The Beer Mill of Chester County as well as pretzel and mustard tastings.
- First Presbyterian Church Art Show/Music: Join the First Presbyterian Church for music and art! Friday night, 6:30-9:30 p.m., includes the Art Show Opening, with music by The Jazz Sanctuary. Saturday, from 9:30-5 p.m the art show is open. Sunday, 9-10:30 a.m, features “The Lost Boy”, a Chancel Drama presented by the Celebration Singers. In closing, Sunday at 4:00 p.m. join the Vespers for the Season of Lent, presented by local combined choirs; free, offering received, reception to follow.
More than 400,000 people in the region still are without power, and many will remain without power through the weekend. As of 1:00PM Thursday, about 410,000 customers were without power, PECO said, down from a high of more than 623,000 Wednesday evening.
In a notice to customers on its website, PECO wrote that it hoped to restore power to a majority of its customers by Friday night, but warned that many will be without power through Sunday. PECO has brought in outside contractors, it said, and more than 3,500 people are working to restore service. You can report an outage to PECO by calling 1-800-841-4141.
If you are still without power there are a number of shelters across the Chester County area. Also, the Brandywine River Museum is offering free admission for the entire day stating, “Heat is on and the art is inspiring!”
Join Avante Salon & Spa on January 31st for Ladies Night to indulge in select complimentary services like hair trend demos and chair massages. There will be light fair, cocktails, raffles and giveaways! The special event is a perfect way to end the work week. The event goes from 6:00-9:00 p.m. Please RSVP by calling (610) 429-1800. For more information visit www.avantesalon.com or click here.
A snow storm moved through the region Thursday, closing schools and wreaking havoc with roads and traffic. According to the National Weather Service, here’s how much snow the region got on Thursday night and Friday morning:
- East Nantmeal: 8.0 inches
- West Caln Twp.: 7.0 inches
- East Coventry Twp.: 6.5 inches
- Exton: 6.3 inches
- Thorndale: 6.1 inches
- Devault: 5.7 inches
- West Chester: 5.5 inches
- Nottingham: 5.5 inches
- Warwick: 5.4 inches
- Marshallton: 5.3 inches
- Chester Springs: 5.0 inches
- Atglen: 4.6 inches
- Glenmoore: 4.5 inches
- Chadds Ford: 8.0 inches
Visit Tish Boutique in Downtown West Chester now through Thanksgiving weekend for 30% off designer collections! Brands include Milly, Rebecca Taylor, Tibi, Shoshanna, and much more. It’s a perfect time to find an outfit for all those upcoming holiday parties! Hours this weekend: Friday: 10-7, Saturday: 10-6, and Sunday: noon-5.
Also, mark your calendar for next Thursday’s Girls Night Out in Downtown West Chester. Meet your girlfriends Downtown for some serious shopping therapy! Many shops will be open late and offering everything from refreshments to one-night-only sales and promotions. Be sure to visit The 5 Senses, Artistic Eyewear, Kaly, Mainline Custom Clothiers, The Painted Plate, Sunset Hill Jewelers, Taste of Olive, and Tish Boutique.