This Wednesday, Join Mayor Carolyn Comitta and the West Chester Police Department for a Night Out Against Crime, a family fun event at the Borough Municipal Building from 6- 9 pm. Bring the kids for FREE hot dogs and Rita’s Water Ice along with a Moon Bounce and face painting. The event is sponsored by Barnaby’s of West Chester, Hotel Warner, Landmark Americana, and New Haven Pizza. For more information visit Downtownwestchester.com.
Treat Dad and the entire family to a relaxing afternoon at Paradocx vineyard and winery! Enjoy Paradocx wine tastings paired with a delicious Father’s Day lunch catered by Natalie’s Fine Food Truck. The event will take place on June 15th from 12:00-6:00PM; Reservations required. For more information visit www.paradocx.com or click here.
Did you know that Mother’s Day is this Sunday? If your looking for a fun event for the whole family to enjoy check out West Chester Railroads Mother’s Day Express. What better way to show your Mom how much you care then getting everyone together for a relaxing 90-minute train ride to Glen Mills and back, on the West Chester Railroad. All Moms ride for a special reduced fare. Train departures are taking place at 12pm and 2pm. For more information visit West Chester Railroads official website, www.westchesterrr.net
- Mom: $5.00
- Adults: $15.00
- Children (ages 2-12): $13.00
- Toddlers ride free!
It’s Friday, congratulations on making it through another long week! If your looking for something to do this weekend below are some events to check out happening around the West Chester area.
- When: Sunday, Jan. 20 from Noon – 3 p.m.
- Where: YMCA 605 Airport Rd, West Chester
- Why Go: Bring the kids for an afternoon of fun at the West Chester Area Y! Swim, play games and explore all that the Y has to offer. Free and open to the community.
- Cost: Free
WCFS Empty Bowl Supper
- When: Friday, Jan. 18 from 6 – 8 p.m.
- Where: West Chester Friends School
- Why Go: The West Chester Friends School is hosting an Empty Bowl supper to benefit the West Chester Food Cupboard. Empty Bowl is a national effort to raise awareness about hunger and food insecurity in communities. Participants receive a handmade glazed bowl, a simple supper, bowl filled with soup, and bread.
- Cost: $10 per person, or $20 for families of two or more.
Furry Predators of the Night
- When: Friday, Jan. 18 from 7 – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Brandywine Valley Association, 1760 Unionville-Wawaset Rd, West Chester
- Why Go: Ever wonder what animals lurk at night? Join us for a howling good time as we investigate the nocturnal habits of foxes and coyotes! Touch real fur from fox and coyote; learn how to identify their tracks, scat and sounds! Bundle up because we will finish out our evening with a walk in hopes of spotting them with the help of a predator call! *Moderate walking.
- Cost: Members: $5.00 Non-members:$7.00
Artisans Exchange Indoor Food and Farmers Market
- When: Every Saturday until April 27 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Where: Golden Valley Farms 208 Carter Dr, West Chester
- Why Go: This is the region’s first indoor market featuring organically produced foods made right on premise. Enjoy browsing through over 25 local food artisans and farmers, interactive tasting sessions, hands-on demonstrations, live music and more!
- Cost: Free
The Friends of West Chester Parks & Recreation presents the Marshall Square Park Summer Concert Series for 2012 starting at 6:30pm. Free for the entire family. Featured tomorrow is a special Billie Joel night with John Grecia. I also recieved some more information from the Marshall Square Park website stating, “Setup starts around 6PM for grilling hot dogs and hamburgers off to the side, likely using the picnic tables to set up the food, so bring your usual blankets or chairs for concert viewing. E-mail the Clarks the type of dish you would like to bring (apps, sides, desserts, drinks). This could be a great neighbor celebration!!! The more the merrier so feel free to extend the invitation.” For more information check out the flyer!