Escape from your daily grind to the scenic wineries of the Brandywine Valley Wine Trail. A $12 passport will get you a standard tasting at your choice of the four wineries where you’ll find the infamous grape-stomping events, picnicking, live music, hayrides, BBQs, tours, and opportunities to learn about these amazing local wineries! You’ll also receive a commemorative Brandywine Valley Wine Trail Anniversary glass. Bring your glass with you when you visit your tastings. Click here to learn more or visit www.bvwinetrail.com.
Mark your calendars for the 2013 Dilworthtown Wine Festival coming up next month! The event will take place on Sunday, October 13, 2013 from 12-4 pm. The event benefits The Cancer Program of The Chester County Hospital and Neighborhood Hospice. The festival will include the grand tasting of more than 100 wines, live entertainment, impressive silent auction, performance car show, and artisan shopping gallery. You don’t want to miss this event, it’s sure to be a great time! Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased here or by visiting www.cchosp.com. Hope to see you there!
Mark your calendars for Penns Woods Winery “Run the Vineyards” event taking place on Sunday, September 29, 2013. Join a fabulous run through the vineyards at Penns Woods Winery located in the heart of Chester County. Entry for the event includes post-race wine tasting and live music. Shop from local vendors and enjoy local foods after a 10K run through the breathtaking landscape of Southern PA. All previous “Run the Vineyards” have sold out weeks in advance, so register now! For more information click here or visit www.pennswoodsevents.com.
Join Penns Woods Winery this Saturday for a day filled with wine, art, music, and fun! Become Van Gogh for a day with Shelly Gephart of Canvas Mixers. Walk away with your own beautiful “Shine Bright” Canvas. Penns Woods will be hosting tastings, wine by the glass, and wine by the bottle all day! The live concert will begin at 2 pm by the fabulous Brian Murray. Click here to purchase your tickets or visit www.pennswoodsevents.com.
This Friday, July 26, join the American Helicopter Museum in West Chester for a beer and wine tasting event! Enjoy food and beverages from Box Car Brewing Co., Kennett Brewing, LuLu Food Truck, Dia Doce cupcake truck, and more. Fiorenza Dowlin, a three-piece band, will be playing tunes from the 80’s, 90’s, as well as top 40 music. Tickets are $25 in advance or $30 at the door. You can purchase tickets online by clicking here or by visiting www.americanhelicopter.museum.
Looking for something fun to do tonight? Well you are in luck! The Gables has paired up with Penns Wood Winery for one terrific summer dinner event. Get ready to imbibe in Penns Woods’ signature vintage, 2005. For the first time in over 2 years, all of 5 of the wines originally released from this flagship year are available to enjoy on Wednesday, June 26th. The Gables has expertly crafted 5 distinct dishes to complement this “once in a decade” vintage.
The wine dinner begins at 7pm and the cost is $95 per person—all inclusive. To view a photo gallery of a selection of the menu items visit The Gables Facebook page by clicking here. Please email Gables owner Ann McCurdy Kolenick to reserve your parties’ place: email@example.com. For further information click here or visit www.thegablesatchaddsford.com.
Get ready for this year’s Brandywine Food & Wine Festival! The Brandywine Valley Wine Trail is showcasing the best of what the Brandywine Valley and surrounding Philadelphia countryside has to offer on June 8, 2013 from 12pm-6pm at the Myrick Conservation Center (1760 Unionville-Wawaset Road, West Chester, PA). The event brings together the best of the Brandywine Valley area including; local wineries, food vendors, local artisans and musicians. You can purchase tickets online by clicking here or visit the official event website, www.pawinefestival.com.
Be a part of the action by volunteering at the 2013 Brandywine Food and Wine Festival! The festival will take place on Saturday, June 8, from noon until to 6 p.m. at the Myrick Conservation Center, located in West Chester.
Their are currently several shifts available for volunteers. Both teens and adults are encouraged to join in on the fun festival atmosphere. All volunteers will receive a festival t-shirt and box lunch. Volunteers under 21 will also receive a $25 Wawa gift card. Volunteers over 21 will receive a bracelet for 10 wine tastings (to be provided after your volunteer shift) and a Brandywine Valley Wine Trail passport, good for a free tasting at all member wineries.
Volunteers will assist with things like taking tickets, providing information, checking identification and verifying ages, parking, providing oversight for the silent auction sign-up process, selling bottled water and monitoring trash and recycling for removal.Volunteers will be asked to attend an orientation prior to the start of their shift and will be contacted with their assignment no later than Friday, May 30.
If you are interested in volunteering for the event you can sign up here or visit Brandywine Food and Wine Festival’s official website for more information, www.pawinefestival.com.
First Friday in Downtown West Chester is approaching! Come downtown on Friday, April 5th and see what’s new and what’s cool for Spring. Most stores are open late offering specials and refreshments. Also, make sure to stop by Fairman’s skate shop as they join forces with Boxcar Brewing Company for Boards & Beers. The special event will offer live music and beer tasting from 5:00-9:00PM. For more information check out the flyer below!
Yesterday, we posted some events happening over the weekend around West Chester. Below are some additional events happening around the area for this January weekend. Just a reminder to drive carefully in the snow that is predicted for our area this weekend. For more information on the events click here.
Early Education Fair & Sitter Speed Dating
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26 from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Assumption Preschool and Kindergarden, 135 Fairfield Lane,Wayne
- Why Go: Main Line Parent will showcase preschool and kindergarten programs, camps, and educational enrichment programs for children under 6. Meet other families and find a babysitter or nanny in a speed session at 2 p.m. For more information, please visit their website.
Early Education Fair & Sitter Speed Dating
- When: Sunday, Jan. 27 from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Main Line Reform Temple 410 Montgomery Ave, Wynnewood
- Why Go: Same event as Saturday, only different location and different schools. Main Line Parent will showcase preschool and kindergarten programs, camps, and educational enrichment programs for children under 6 in a family fun day in Wynnewood. Meet other families and find a babysitter or nanny in a speed session at 2 p.m. For more information, please see the event listing.
- When: Sunday, Jan. 27 from 3 – 5 p.m.
- Where: Lower Merion High School
- Why Go: This event gives all our community an opportunity to see stress and success through the eyes of students. Teens Speak is presented by the Youth Advisory Council for the Coalition for Youth of Lower Merion and Narberth. The YAC is made up of students from the following schools: Baldwin, Agnes Irwin, Haverford, Barrack Academy, Friends’ Central, Lower Merion High School, Harriton High School and Shipley.
- Cost: Free
West Chester Bartender’s Ball
- When: Sunday, Jan. 27 from 7 p.m. – Midnight
- Where: Chester County Historical Society
- Why Go: Enjoy a night of open bar, catered food, live music and more – all benefitting local charities.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26 at 7 p.m.
- Where: YMCA 1416 Berwyn Paoli Rd, Berwyn
- Why Go: Families are invited to join us for a night of owls at Upper Main Line YMCA! Elmwood Park Zoo will present their live owl and raptor show in the gymnasium. Our staff naturalists will demonstrate owl pellet dissections and then lead a night owl prowl from our Nature Center throughout the YMCA’s Cassatt Preserve in search of some of our local owls. Dress for the outdoors and bring a flashlight! FREE event to the community.
- Cost: Free
Special Kids Camp Expo
- When: Saturday, Jan. 26 from 1 – 4 p.m.
- Where: Valley Forge Educational Services 1777 N Valley Rd, Malvern
- Why Go: Members of the community are invited to come learn about regional summer programs and camps that support youth who learn differently. Year-round programming and community resources will also be represented. For more information contact Holly Zipperer, Director of Summer Programs & Ancillary Services at: 610-296-6725 x115 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Snow date: February 2.
- Cost: Free