Don’t miss The Gallery Walk happening tonight in Downtown West Chester! Visit the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce website for more information, www.greaterwestchester.com.
It’s Friday, congratulations on making it through another long week! If your looking for something to do this weekend below are some events to check out happening around the West Chester area.
- When: Sunday, Jan. 20 from Noon – 3 p.m.
- Where: YMCA 605 Airport Rd, West Chester
- Why Go: Bring the kids for an afternoon of fun at the West Chester Area Y! Swim, play games and explore all that the Y has to offer. Free and open to the community.
- Cost: Free
WCFS Empty Bowl Supper
- When: Friday, Jan. 18 from 6 – 8 p.m.
- Where: West Chester Friends School
- Why Go: The West Chester Friends School is hosting an Empty Bowl supper to benefit the West Chester Food Cupboard. Empty Bowl is a national effort to raise awareness about hunger and food insecurity in communities. Participants receive a handmade glazed bowl, a simple supper, bowl filled with soup, and bread.
- Cost: $10 per person, or $20 for families of two or more.
Furry Predators of the Night
- When: Friday, Jan. 18 from 7 – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Brandywine Valley Association, 1760 Unionville-Wawaset Rd, West Chester
- Why Go: Ever wonder what animals lurk at night? Join us for a howling good time as we investigate the nocturnal habits of foxes and coyotes! Touch real fur from fox and coyote; learn how to identify their tracks, scat and sounds! Bundle up because we will finish out our evening with a walk in hopes of spotting them with the help of a predator call! *Moderate walking.
- Cost: Members: $5.00 Non-members:$7.00
Artisans Exchange Indoor Food and Farmers Market
- When: Every Saturday until April 27 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Where: Golden Valley Farms 208 Carter Dr, West Chester
- Why Go: This is the region’s first indoor market featuring organically produced foods made right on premise. Enjoy browsing through over 25 local food artisans and farmers, interactive tasting sessions, hands-on demonstrations, live music and more!
- Cost: Free