Christmas is over and the New Year is quickly approaching! What are your plans for New Years Eve? If you haven’t already made plans check out some of these awesome places in Downtown West Chester, for more information visit http://www.figwestchester.com.
- Iron Hill Brewery | 610.738.9600: Take advantage of Iron Hill’s special Celebration Menu December 28 to 31, with choices like Crispy Seared Sea Bass, Baked Blue Point Oysters and Pear Financier!
- Kooma | 610.430.8980: Celebrate New Year’s Eve with Sushi and Sake! Call to reserve your ticket to Kooma’s NYE Special; $60 per person includes Sushi and Appetzer Buffet, House Sake, House Wine and Domestic Beers. A DJ will be spinning from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Limoncello | 610.436.6230: Ring in 2014 with a memorable meal! Enjoy a three-course dinner with choices like Clams Oreganato, Lobster Ravioli and Chocolate Souffle. Call for reservations.
- Social Lounge | 610.738.3948: Yell “Happy New Year” as you nosh on a special menu and dance to live music from local rock band, VCR. No cover!
- Teca | 610.738.8244: Plan a special night for two! Choose from three dinner seatings and enjoy special featured menu items like Branzino, Ossobucco and Chocolate Mousse.
Now Through Sunday, October 13, visit Iron Hill Brewery of West Chester to get your German on! Stop in now for special Oktoberfest beers on tap and delicious German menu items. Enjoy Bavarian Lentil Soup, Oktoberfest Egg Rolls, Smoked Gouda Mac-n-Cheese, Schlachtplatte, Hackbraten, Huhner Schnitzel, Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Cake, and much more! Available weekdays, dinner only, and weekends, lunch and dinner. For more information visit www.ironhillbrewery.com or click here.
For Valentine’s Day, enjoy a cheese fondue followed by a rich chocolate dessert fondue in the beautiful, intimate setting of the candlelit Lincoln Room (28 W Market, 610-696-2102) from 7pm to 9pm. Adding to the atmosphere are the romantic sounds of classical guitarist Malcolm Johnstone. This event will sell out quickly so call 610-696-2102 for reservations. $40 per couple (gratuities not included). BYOB (no corking fee).
This Friday, January 11th, Enjoy a cheese fondue followed by a rich chocolate dessert fondue in the intimate candlelit setting of The Lincoln Room from 7 to 9 pm. Adding to the atmosphere are the sounds of classical guitarist Malcolm Johnstone. $40 per couple (gratuities not included). BYOB (no corking fee). For more information on the event visit http://www.lincolnroomwestchester.com or call 610-696-2102 for reservations.
Faced with a holiday cooking conundrum? There’s undoubtedly an app for that. But if you’re a little more old school, there still are numerous hot lines you can call when a kitchen crisis hits. Most companies now offer tons of tips, advice and how-to videos on their websites and via Facebook and Twitter. Below are some numbers and websites to consider in case you are in need of some help this holiday season!
• Crisco Pie Hotline: 877-367-7438
• Butterball Turkey Talk-Line: 800-BUTTERBALL, www.butterball.com or via e-mail at email@example.com
• Empire Kosher poultry customer hot line: 717-436-7055 or www.empirekosher.com/
• Fleischmann’s Yeast Baker’s Help Line: 800-777-4959 or /www.breadworld.com/default.aspx
• Foster Farms Turkey Helpline: 800-255-7227 or www.fosterfarms.com/cooking/index.asp
• King Arthur Flour Co.’s Bakers Hotline: 802-649-3717 or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Nestle Toll House Baking Information: www.verybestbaking.com/Resources.aspx
The 2nd Annual Running of the Turkeys, the kickoff event for John DeBella’s Annual Turkey Drop, is a 1-mile run through the streets of West Chester while carrying a frozen turkey. You may transport your turkey in any manner. To participate, sign up at Kildare’s Irish Pub at 18 W Gay Street starting at 11am on November 20. Race begins at 1pm. The cost is one frozen turkey. (If you can’t bring a turkey with you, there will be a limited number for sale the day of the race at Kildare’s.) Great prizes from area businesses will be awarded to the winners and also the runners carrying the heaviest turkey, the most turkeys carried, the most creative turkey carry and the best holiday outfits. The first 150 people to sign up for the race will receive a T-shirt. After the race, go to Kildare’s for the award ceremony and great food & drink specials including kids eating free with the purchase of an adult entrée.
Filed under Blogs, Events