GIRL’S NIGHT OUT | Thursday, September 19, 2013
- Meet your friends downtown and visit the many shops that are open late and offering great sales for some serious shopping therapy.
ECHOES of the CIVIL WAR | Saturday, September 21, 2013
- The Chester County Historical Society presents a symposium on slavery and freedom during the Civil War in conjunction with the exhibit On the Edge of Battle: Chester County and the Civil War. The daylong series of events begins at from 8:30am and includes talks and tours. Ticketed event, call 610-692-4800 for details.
KENNETT SYMPHONY at WCU | Saturday, September 21, 2013
- The Kennett Symphony of Chester County presents an Opening Night Spectacular to usher in the new season. Featured conductor is Michael Hall, Conductor Candidate. The program includes Kodaly’s Intermezzo, Grieg’s Piano Concerto in A minor with guest artist Igor Resnianski, and Dvorak’s Symphony No. 9, popularly known as the New World Symphony. Program begins at 8:00pm at the Madeleine Wing Adler Theatre, 817 South High Street. Tickets and information at KennettSymphony.org.
CONCERT CHOIR & SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA at WCU | September 22, 2013
- The West Chester University School of Music Honors Convocation presents the Concert Choir and Symphony Orchestra, David DeVenney and Ovidiu Marinescu, directors. Performance begins at 3:00pm at the Emilie K. Asplundh Concert Hall. Call 610-436-2266 for details.
For more information visit www.downtownwestchester.com.
Looking to get out and enjoy a nice evening in Downtown West Chester this week? Well, lucky for you there are plenty of events happening throughout the week, Check them out below and visit http://www.downtownwestchester.com for more information.
TISH IS TYING THE KNOT | Tuesday, September 10, 2013.
Ashley Tischler, proud owner of TISH STYLE (138 E Gay St, 610-692-7500), is getting married
! As part of the celebration there is cake, champagne and big storewide savings. Stop by and shower Ashley with best wishes and, of course, advice for a good marriage. From 11 to 2.
BEEGIE ADAIR TRIO at WCU | Wednesday, September 11, 2013.
presents a musician with impeccable technique, deep understanding of jazz, and the rare ability to communicate to listeners. That musician is Beegie Adair. 7:30pm at Madeleine Wing Adler Theatre.
FROM THE CIVIL WAR to the VIETNAM WAR: TWO CENTURIES of BATTLEFIELD MEDICINE | Thursday, September 12, 2013.
The Chester County Historical Society
presents two back-to-back lectures relating to battlefield medicine in the Civil War and Vietnam War starting at 7:30pm. Tour the current exhibit On the Edge of Battle: Chester County and the Civil War starting at 6:00pm. Free with museum admission.
- The 2013 Chester County Restaurant Festival (kimberleyvassalinsurance.wordpress.com)
- Faces of Chester County Exhibit (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- 2013 Hootenanny Hoedown (kimberleyvassalinsurance.wordpress.com)
Image via Wikipedia
On the Edge of Battle: Chester County and the Civil War begins a multi-year commemoration of Chester County and the Civil War at the Chester County Historical Society (225 N High Street). September 22 is Civil War Documentation Day where families can bring Civil War letters, photographs and artifacts for documentation. For more information visit their facebook!
Filed under Blogs, Events