Fig West Chester just compiled a great list of restaurants to visit in order to celebrate Year Eve’s in Downtown West Chester! Below our a few of the restaurants hosting celebrations tomorrow night, for more information visit Figwestchester.com.
- Spence 312 | 610.738.8844: Spence 312 is an upscale BYOB restaurant committed to using organic and locally grown produce alongside sustainable meat and seafood. Your final meal of 2014 will be a delicious event!
- The Classic Diner | 610.725.0515: If you haven’t visited The Classic Diner yet, plan to visit on Wednesday! They’ll be open New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day 7 am to 3 pm and serving up Eggs Benedict, Boston BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, and Absolute Angus Burgers, among other diner favorites.
- Red Star Craft House | 610.524.5893: Find 100+ craft beers, artisan meats and pizza, gourmet burgers and more at Dave Magrogan’s newest restaurant, located at the Exton Square Mall (first floor next to Main Line Health and Macy’s).
- Barra Rossa | 610.269.6000: Ring in the New Year with Frank Sinatra and Bobby Darin! Barra Rossa is offering a $30 package with open bar and midnight buffet from 10 pm to 1:30 am.
- Kildare’s Irish Pub | 610.431.0770: Watch the ball drop at Kildare’s—no packages and no commitments! Enjoy $5 champagne all day and a complimentary champagne toast at midnight.
- Carlino’s | 610.696.3788: Spending New Year’s Eve at home? Stop by Carlino’s to pick up great prepared foods, pastries, artisan cheeses and fresh baked bread.
- Rams Head Bar & Grill | 484.631.0241: Rams Head will host musician Ryan Opiekun and have drink specials from 10 pm to midnight. No cover and a free champagne toast when the ball drops!
- Mercato Ristorante and Bar | 610.701.6326: Mercato will host a four-course dinner that includes a champagne toast. The wine cellar is available for parties of 6 or more!
Mark your calendars for the annual Old-Fashioned Christmas celebration throughout Downtown West Chester! USA Today called West Chester’s Old-Fashioned Christmas celebration “one of the top ten places to experience the arrival of Santa Claus during the holiday season.” The weekend is alive with scores of events throughout the town. Old-Fashioned Christmas events will take place December 5-6-7, and is presented by the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce. For a full list of events click here or visit Downtownwestchester.com. Below are a few Old Fashioned Christmas events to look forward too!
- Old-Fashioned Christmas Parade | Friday, December 5: West Chester’s grandest parade is the highlight of the Winter holiday season with hundreds of dancers, performers, and musicians making the event a true extravaganza. Dozens of events surround the parade so come downtown early and enjoy all the Christmas spirit. Presented by the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce. See parking information.
- Holiday Home Tour | Saturday, December 6, 2014: A walking tour showcasing ten beautiful homes each with its own special charm and history. As a bonus, Tanglewood, the home of West Chester University Presidents, will be also be open. 10am to 3pm; snow date December 8. Ticketed event benefiting West Chester Public Library. For details, visit WCPublicLibrary.org.
- Holiday Concert by West Chester Studio Singers | Friday, December 5, 2014: The West Chester Studio Junior and Senior Singers present their Holiday Concert at the Chester County Historical Society, 225 North High Street. FREE for the whole family.
Join the Vintage Hollywood celebration presented by the Uptown! Entertainment Alliance this Saturday, October 11, 2014! Enjoy an evening of delicious food, spirits, and dancing while you help bring a theater to West Chester! Featuring musical performances by Sara Michaels Vintage Hollywood Red Carpet Gala and Friends and CONTAGIOUS Dance Band. For more information on the event or to purchase tickets click here.
Fifty years ago today, Wawa opened its very first store in Folsom, PA. In honor of this tremendous milestone, Wawa is kicking-off its 50th anniversary in retail by giving back to the people that support them. Today only, visit any store for a FREE cup of your favorite Wawa Any Size Coffee. Wawa announced on their official Facebook page, “Our customers have treated us to countless smiles over the past 50 years. Now we’d like to treat you to a cup of coffee and lots of fun! Visit any store for your FREE Any Size Coffee on April 16!”
The day will also include in-store activities, most notably at Wawa’s very first store in Folsom, P.A. as well as the location at 17th and Arch Street in Philadelphia, where Mayor Nutter will officially proclaim April 16 as Wawa Day in the City of Philadelphia. Both events will honor this milestone, recognizing the customers, associates and stories of the past five decades that make Wawa a living, breathing brand. We would like to thank Wawa for the countless years of serving our community and congratulate them on 50 years! For more information on the events visit http://www.wawa.com.
Filed under Blogs, Events
St. Patrick’s Day is quickly approaching, how will you be celebrating? There are a number of local St. Patrick’s Day events happening this weekend around West Chester, check them out below!
- Irish Red Ale Beer Release at Iron Hill: This Friday, March 14, join Iron Hill Brewery for the release of Irish Red Ale Beer, which is a medium-bodied red ale with a distinct hop character and a touch of caramel sweetness. King of the Hill Rewards Club Exclusive members can enjoy vanilla-chocolate cake topped with salted caramel sauce with the purchase of Irish Red Ale or O’Sullivan’s Dry Stout. To become a member visit here.
- Doc Magrogan’s St. Pat’s 5K Race: This Saturday, March 15, start your St. Patty’s celebration off in Downtown West Chester at the St. Pat’s 5K Road Race in the 2 mile classic course loop. Then enjoy all of the post race festivities, including plenty of refreshments and drink specials. Click here to register and for more information!