There are a number of new development projects slated for West Chester in the upcoming years. See a list of the different projects below, visit Downtownwestchester.com for more information.
- Chestnut Lofts Chestnut Street Lofts: New construction of 60 residential units with parking at 114 East Chestnut Street. The projected completion and occupancy is summer 2014.
Concept Design for Chestnut Street Lofts
- Theater Development: The Uptown! Theater Alliance has launched a capital campaign for a $3.75-million redevelopment of the old Armory (Washington and High Streets) into a theater. Concept rendering by Frens and Frens.
- 124 East Market Street: Known as 124 Market Place, this project has broken ground and will include retail on the ground floor and 88 residential units. The current projection for completion is early 2015.
- 220 East Chestnut: The project, located at Chestnut & Matlack Streets, includes 205 residential units. The building permit for the project is expected to be issued in the next 60 days and the construction is expected to be complete by spring 2016.
- Proposed Hotel: A 120-room, full-service DoubleTree hotel has been proposed for the corner of Gay & Walnut Streets. In December, 2013, Borough Council denied final approval. It is now in appeal.
Concept Design for 124 East Market Street
- Mosteller Mixed Use Development: Currently, the owners have conditional use and land development plan approval to construct a new mixed-use building at the old site of the old Mosteller Department Store at the corner of Gay & Church Streets. The project is to include retail on the ground floor, basement parking, offices on floors 2-3 and residential condos on floors 4-7. Construction date has not been set.
- Outdoor Pool Renovation: The Charles A. Melton Community & Arts Center has recently completed a sustainability report for the renovation of the outdoor swimming pool. Fund raising efforts are underway. Concept rendering by Friday Architects.
Plan on heading out this Black Friday to get all your shopping in? Downtown West Chester is the perfect alternative to hassling at the malls this Black Friday. All the stores are open and downtown parking meters are not enforced. The municipal garages are open and accepting paid parking. The Justice Center Garage is also free Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Also, don’t forget that this Saturday, November 30, 2013 is Small Business Day! It’s a day for our community to support the small businesses owned by our friends and neighbors. Shop Small and turn the day into your Small Business Saturday (see video). Remember, Parking meters are not enforced until 5pm. For more information on all things West Chester visit http://www.downtownwestchester.com.
Next Saturday, November 30, is Small Business Saturday! The day for our community to support the small businesses owned by our friends and neighbors. Shop Small and turn the day into your Small Business Saturday! Remember, Parking meters are not enforced until 5pm. Take a look at the video below explaining a little more about the importance of Small Business Saturday.
West Chester University joins with universities around the globe in celebrating Global Entrepreneurship Week, November 18th through 22nd. The Cottrell Center, an Entrepreneurial Leadership Center, will host workshops, guest speakers, and other activities. Many are free of charge and open to the public. See the complete list of activities by clicking here or visit www.cottrellcenter.org.
Filed under Blogs, Events
End your Summer right by attending the final Swingin’ Summer Thursday of the season. Also, First Friday will be happening throughout Downtown West Chester this week as well!
The final 2013 presentation of the popular downtown street festival offering great food, live music, clowns, dancers, and more. Rock-n-Roll presented by Chaos Thompson and Blue Apple Groove. Located on East Gay Street between High & Matlack.
Downtown shops open late offering specials, new items, and refreshments. Two hours of free parking at the Chestnut Street Parking Garage and the Bicentennial Parking Garage; validation with receipt from any downtown business at the Vintage Garage Sale.
A Vintage Garage Sale summer series continues this Friday, August 2, starting at 4:00PM! The event transforms a downtown parking garage into a pop-up retail event on First Fridays in Downtown West Chester. The Garage Sale will be taking place in the Chestnut Street Parking Garage located at 14 E. Chestnut Street. Find out more about the vintage and food vendors by visiting avintagegaragesale.com or simply click the flyer below.
There is free parking at the meters (on-street and parking lots) in downtown West Chester every Friday after 12:00pm through August. Also, a pilot program is underway to test new parking meters found on portions of Gay and Market Streets. These meters accept Visa/Mastercard as well as quarters. Below are a few helpful links incase you are visiting or unsure of parking in Downtown West Chester. For more information check out the Parking Tab over at http://www.downtownwestchester.com.