If you dread parking in Downtown West Chester like I do (because you forgot your quarters) The West Chester Business Improvement District has found a way to help us out! They declared that everyone can enjoy FREE PARKING at downtown meters starting at noon every Friday in July & August. This awesome deal just began last Friday but if you missed it then, there are plenty more fun Fridays left to take advantage of it. So get out and enjoy the lively streets of Downtown West Chester without the worries! Parking will continue to be free from noon on every Friday in July & August, but only at the meters. There are no signs detailing this on the meters so be sure to spread the word and spread it fast!
Get ready to experience the gracious hospitality and outstanding services of the new Hotel Warner, located in the heart of downtown West Chester Pennsylvania. They are currently under construction now and opening in the Summer 2012!
The Hotel Warner is the only hotel in historic West Chester Borough and the ideal location for your business trip, a leisurely weekend get-a-way or group outing. And with free WIFI, an indoor heated pool and a delicious complimentary European style breakfast, there’s something everyone will enjoy. The Hotel Warner is opening in the summer of 2012 and currently accepting reservations from October, 2012, so book your reservation today.
Sunday, June 3 from 11:00AM-5:00PM is Super Sunday the first downtown street festival of the year. This family based event is full of entertainment and delicious food. Children entertainment for the day consists of children’s crafts, games, and rides. For the adults, there are four blocks of local food vendors, information booths, local artisan booths, and live bands at two locations.
- Amusement Rides and Moon Bounces
- Antique Cars
- Motorcycle Gathering
- Fairman’s Skate Zone
The Lincoln Building, also known as the Lincoln Biography Building at 28 West Market Street, is competing in THIS PLACE MATTERS 2011 National Challenge sponsored by the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Current voting has put it in the Top Ten. In order to receive a grant, it must reach the top three. See the current voting results.
Two ways to vote for The Lincoln Building
Go to the Chester County Community Foundation, the building owner, for easy instructions and links for voting.
Or go directly to West Chester Business Improvement District web pageat THIS PLACE MATTERS. This is where you vote to support The Lincoln Building. On the right hand side, you will see a blue box that says Vote for This Site.
- If you are registered with the National Trust, log on and follow the instructions to vote.
- If you are not registered with the National Trust, then simply click on the link at the bottom of the box that says “Register or Get a Password Reminder”. At that page you will be asked to fill in your e-mail address and ZIP code. Make sure you click on “remember me.” Then click on “submit” and you’re done. You just voted to support The Lincoln Building.
Now spread the word and tell everyone you know to register their vote for The Lincoln Building!
Image via Wikipedia
The West Chester Downtown Foundation has launched a new historic preservation awards program and is seeking nominations from the community for projects that reflect outstanding historic preservation practices within the Borough of West Chester.
There are three award categories:
- Bricks and Mortar Preservation Award | Awarded to recognize construction projects of exceptional quality that have a positive impact on the preservation of West Chester’s historic fabric.
- Preservation Service Award | Awarded to individuals and organizations in recognition of projects that promote a better understanding of the history of West Chester and the need to preserve the physical evidence of that history.
- West Chester Preservationist Award | Awarded to an individual or organization in recognition of outstanding contributions to the better understanding of West Chester’s history and the preservation of the Borough’s historic fabric.
The awards are sponsored by the West Chester Downtown Foundation, the non-profit arm of the West Chester Business Improvement District. Nominations must be for projects and properties located in the Borough of West Chester, Pennsylvania. To nominate a person or project, simply fill out the 2011 Nomination Form
and return it to the WCDF by July 1, 2011. For more information