April 21, 2014 · 2:17 pm
The Brandywine Ballet presents the popular fairy tale Beauty and The Beast as a full-length contemporary ballet with upbeat music, inventive costumes, and plenty of energetic dancing. The performance will take place from May 2-4, 2014 at the Emilie K. Asplundh Concert Hall, West Chester University. Choreography by Nancy Page who has masterfully adapted Beauty and The Beast with magic, romance, talking animals, and happy-ever-aftering. See times and ticket reservations by clicking here.
Filed under Events
Tagged as Ballet, Beauty and the Beast, chester county, Choreography, Concert, contemporary ballet, Dance, Emilie K. Asplundh Concert Hall, local event, Music, Nancy Page, pennsylvania, The Brandywine Ballet, Tickets, west chester, West Chester University
December 4, 2013 · 4:26 pm
Since its Russian premiere in 1892, The Nutcracker ballet has become the seasonal favorite for audiences around the world. It is performed by the Brandywine Ballet made up of an outstanding mix of invited professional and local dancers. Performances occur at the Emilie K. Asplundh Concert Hall, West Chester University from December 13th through the 22nd. Production and choreography by Donna Muzio and Nancy Page. Music by Tchaikovsky. See complete dates and times, as well as special events related to the ballet, at BrandywineBallet.com.
December 12, 2012 · 5:57 pm
Don’t miss all the fun happening this holiday season! Below are a couple events happening around the West Chester area over the next couple days, Hope to see you there!
Holiday Triple Threat
- When: Saturday, Dec. 15 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Church and Market Street, West Chester
- Why Go: Choose your race. Race as a three-member team through the downtown West Chester loop or race as an individual runner and attempt to trump the relays to win it all. A portion of this race benefits the Great Guys Group, a non-profit organization dedicated to Bringing Hope Home by financially supporting families battling cancer in the Philadelphia area.
- Cost: $20 – $90 *depends on when and how you register.
- When: Thursday, Dec. 13 at 1 p.m.; Saturday, Dec. 15 at 2 and 6:30 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 16 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Henderson Senior High School, West Chester
- Why Go: The Chester County Ballet Company presents The Nutcracker. For reserved tickets, please call the box office at 610-431-2333.
- Cost: $7 – $50
- When: Dec. 7 – Dec. 16
- Where: Emilie K. Asplundh Concert Hall, 700 South High St.
- Why Go: Enjoy an all-ages cast of over 80 dancers and actors create and bring to life The Nutcracker. As the narrative unfolds, comical high jinx, holiday fun, and lavishly genteel romance transpire against a backdrop of antique decors and picturesquely animated action. All of the elements combine to make Brandywine Ballet’s The Nutcracker a favorite among local audiences.
- Cost: $25, $30, $40
- When: Weekends
- Where: Market Street Station in West Chester
- Why Go: Join Santa for a 90-minute journey through the Chester Creek Valley on West Chester’s excursion train. Heated cars and live music add to the fun with Santa. Go to West Chester Railroad for details.
- Cost: $6, $13, $20
- Holiday Events Happening at WCU (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- At the Nutcracker (ariel51.wordpress.com)
Filed under Blogs
Tagged as Ballet, Christmas, Christmas and holiday season, Downtown, events, Great Comet, holiday, local, Market Street, Nutcracker, pa, pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Saturday, WCU, west chester