Dance the night away with friends and family at the Uptown! Entertainment Alliance Sock Hop! The event will take place at the Ballroom at the Westside building. Ticket price includes dinner, a DJ rocking the night away with music through the decades so you can dance your shoes off, and entrance into our Sock Competition. To purchase tickets or learn more about the event click here or visit, Uptownwestchester.org.
Fig West Chester just compiled a great list of restaurants to visit in order to celebrate Year Eve’s in Downtown West Chester! Below our a few of the restaurants hosting celebrations tomorrow night, for more information visit Figwestchester.com.
- Spence 312 | 610.738.8844: Spence 312 is an upscale BYOB restaurant committed to using organic and locally grown produce alongside sustainable meat and seafood. Your final meal of 2014 will be a delicious event!
- The Classic Diner | 610.725.0515: If you haven’t visited The Classic Diner yet, plan to visit on Wednesday! They’ll be open New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day 7 am to 3 pm and serving up Eggs Benedict, Boston BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, and Absolute Angus Burgers, among other diner favorites.
- Red Star Craft House | 610.524.5893: Find 100+ craft beers, artisan meats and pizza, gourmet burgers and more at Dave Magrogan’s newest restaurant, located at the Exton Square Mall (first floor next to Main Line Health and Macy’s).
- Barra Rossa | 610.269.6000: Ring in the New Year with Frank Sinatra and Bobby Darin! Barra Rossa is offering a $30 package with open bar and midnight buffet from 10 pm to 1:30 am.
- Kildare’s Irish Pub | 610.431.0770: Watch the ball drop at Kildare’s—no packages and no commitments! Enjoy $5 champagne all day and a complimentary champagne toast at midnight.
- Carlino’s | 610.696.3788: Spending New Year’s Eve at home? Stop by Carlino’s to pick up great prepared foods, pastries, artisan cheeses and fresh baked bread.
- Rams Head Bar & Grill | 484.631.0241: Rams Head will host musician Ryan Opiekun and have drink specials from 10 pm to midnight. No cover and a free champagne toast when the ball drops!
- Mercato Ristorante and Bar | 610.701.6326: Mercato will host a four-course dinner that includes a champagne toast. The wine cellar is available for parties of 6 or more!
Mark your calendars for the annual Old-Fashioned Christmas celebration throughout Downtown West Chester! USA Today called West Chester’s Old-Fashioned Christmas celebration “one of the top ten places to experience the arrival of Santa Claus during the holiday season.” The weekend is alive with scores of events throughout the town. Old-Fashioned Christmas events will take place December 5-6-7, and is presented by the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce. For a full list of events click here or visit Downtownwestchester.com. Below are a few Old Fashioned Christmas events to look forward too!
- Old-Fashioned Christmas Parade | Friday, December 5: West Chester’s grandest parade is the highlight of the Winter holiday season with hundreds of dancers, performers, and musicians making the event a true extravaganza. Dozens of events surround the parade so come downtown early and enjoy all the Christmas spirit. Presented by the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce. See parking information.
- Holiday Home Tour | Saturday, December 6, 2014: A walking tour showcasing ten beautiful homes each with its own special charm and history. As a bonus, Tanglewood, the home of West Chester University Presidents, will be also be open. 10am to 3pm; snow date December 8. Ticketed event benefiting West Chester Public Library. For details, visit WCPublicLibrary.org.
- Holiday Concert by West Chester Studio Singers | Friday, December 5, 2014: The West Chester Studio Junior and Senior Singers present their Holiday Concert at the Chester County Historical Society, 225 North High Street. FREE for the whole family.
A Longwood Christmas will be on view from November 27, 2014 through January 11, 2015 at Longwood Gardens! This season, A Longwood Christmas, will feature a new bird-inspired display:
From trees adorned with nests and feathered friends, to topiary swans in our Exhibition Hall, to birdhouses, owls, and bald eagles decorating our tree houses, this holiday season flies high. Our Music Room depicts a festive Peacock Masquerade Ball, featuring elegant table settings and an 18-foot rotating tree. Stroll outside where colorful fountains dance, glimmering snowflakes hang overhead, and a half- million lights illuminate more of our outdoor gardens than ever before.
The annual event will also consist of spectacular lights, illuminated fountain shows, and live holiday performances. To learn more about timed ticketing, peak and non-peak pricing, and see more visiting tips to make your experience extraordinary click here or visit, Longwoodgardens.org.
Don’t miss Voca People at West Chester University taking place tonight! You won’t believe your ears! Full of energy and bursting with fun, this international hit features more than 70 a cappella and beat box versions of the songs you and your whole family love, including favorites from Madonna, Queen, and even Mozart! Adult tickets start at $20, click here to learn more about the event and to purchase tickets online.
Uptown! Entertainment Alliance presents the Jazz Cocktail Hour, a Thursday evening concert series, with singer Sara Michaels bringing an element of “Sassy Class” as she performs jazz standards in her own captivating style. You’ll hear influences of other great ladies of Jazz including Billie Holiday, Ertha Kitt, and Lena Horne. The event will take place Thursday November 20th, 2014 from 6:00pm to 7:30pm at the Knights of Columbus Building. For more information on the event visit Uptownwestchester.org.
West Chester University joins with universities around the globe in celebrating Global Entrepreneurship Week November 17-20, 2014. The Cottrell Center, an Entrepreneurial Leadership Center, hosts workshops, guest speakers, and other activities. All activities are free of charge and open to the public. To see the complete list of activities click here or visit Downtownwestchester.com.
The 39th annual Unionville High School Art Gala will showcase local celebrated working artists, UHS alumni and current UHS Students along with live music and fabulous food. The Art Gala is a highly regarded event that raises money for educational projects and programs. Thirty percent of all artist sales go to support educational programs and projects at Unionville High School. The Art Gala will begin on Friday, November 7th from 3pm – 9pm and continue Saturday, November 8th from 10 am – 3pm; The much anticipated silent auction begins Friday and ends Saturday at 2pm sharp! For updates and further information make sure to follow the event page on Facebook.
West Chester’s monthly First Friday event will be taking place this Friday (November 7, 2014) at 5:00pm. This months event will feature a special Glitter & Glow spectacle. Stroll through Downtown sidewalks where luminaries accentuate the shops with the magic of the season. Customers will find shelves stocked with giftware and seasonal fashions for everyone on your list. Metered parking throughout Downtown West Chester will be FREE during the event. For more information visit Downtownwestchester.com.
The Founders Event will bring together the region’s community, economic, and government leaders to support the Chester County Historical Society and acknowledge two outstanding visionaries: PECO and Penelope P. Wilson. Tickets are $100 per person and include remarkable networking, guided tours, delicious food by Jimmy Duffy’s, classical guitar by Malcom Johnstone, and more. For ticket information contact David B. Reinfeld at 610-692-4800 x 267 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about the event click here or visit chestercohistorical.org.