Mark your calendars for The West Chester Parks & Recreation Department’s annual May Day Festival of the arts taking place Sunday, May 4, from 11:00am-4:00pm. May Day Festival of the Arts is a daylong celebration of the arts held at Everhart Park. Approximately 45 to 60 artists set-up booths throughout the park to sell their high quality arts and crafts. Artisans and crafters are welcome to apply for the event, more information available at (610) 436-9010.
Visit the region’s only true indoor market with your favorite local artisans and farmers. The market, presented by Artisan Exchange, will run through April 27th, 2013 each Saturday from 10 am-2 pm at Suite 13B at the Matlack Industrial Park in West Chester, PA. The Matlack Industrial park is located on Carter Drive, which is right off Matlack Street, just ½ mile north of Rt 202.
The market will feature an amazing array of locally produced items ranging from coffee, to chocolates, to pasta, to small batch gelato some products are produced right on premise! The Artisan Exchange also offers a constantly evolving schedule of tasting classes, live music, and “how to” seminars rounding out the offerings to make this market one you’ll want to visit every week! Visit www.artisanexchangewcpa.com for discounts and promotions that are running at the market each week. For more information check out this awesome article produced by http://www.figwestchester.com by clicking here.
It’s Friday, congratulations on making it through another long week! If your looking for something to do this weekend below are some events to check out happening around the West Chester area.
- When: Sunday, Jan. 20 from Noon – 3 p.m.
- Where: YMCA 605 Airport Rd, West Chester
- Why Go: Bring the kids for an afternoon of fun at the West Chester Area Y! Swim, play games and explore all that the Y has to offer. Free and open to the community.
- Cost: Free
WCFS Empty Bowl Supper
- When: Friday, Jan. 18 from 6 – 8 p.m.
- Where: West Chester Friends School
- Why Go: The West Chester Friends School is hosting an Empty Bowl supper to benefit the West Chester Food Cupboard. Empty Bowl is a national effort to raise awareness about hunger and food insecurity in communities. Participants receive a handmade glazed bowl, a simple supper, bowl filled with soup, and bread.
- Cost: $10 per person, or $20 for families of two or more.
Furry Predators of the Night
- When: Friday, Jan. 18 from 7 – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Brandywine Valley Association, 1760 Unionville-Wawaset Rd, West Chester
- Why Go: Ever wonder what animals lurk at night? Join us for a howling good time as we investigate the nocturnal habits of foxes and coyotes! Touch real fur from fox and coyote; learn how to identify their tracks, scat and sounds! Bundle up because we will finish out our evening with a walk in hopes of spotting them with the help of a predator call! *Moderate walking.
- Cost: Members: $5.00 Non-members:$7.00
Artisans Exchange Indoor Food and Farmers Market
- When: Every Saturday until April 27 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Where: Golden Valley Farms 208 Carter Dr, West Chester
- Why Go: This is the region’s first indoor market featuring organically produced foods made right on premise. Enjoy browsing through over 25 local food artisans and farmers, interactive tasting sessions, hands-on demonstrations, live music and more!
- Cost: Free
Make sure to check out The Artisan Exchange happening every Saturday through April 27, 2013 from 10am – 2pm. The region’s first indoor market features a wide array of organically produced foods made right on premise. In addition to all the great foods offered, there will be demonstrations, tastings, live music, and much more! Check The Artisan Exchange’s website for more updates and vendor information and don’t forget to LIKE Artisan Exchange on Facebook as well, we hope to see you Saturday!