This Wednesday, Join Mayor Carolyn Comitta and the West Chester Police Department for a Night Out Against Crime, a family fun event at the Borough Municipal Building from 6- 9 pm. Bring the kids for FREE hot dogs and Rita’s Water Ice along with a Moon Bounce and face painting. The event is sponsored by Barnaby’s of West Chester, Hotel Warner, Landmark Americana, and New Haven Pizza. For more information visit Downtownwestchester.com.
The Vintage Garage Sale Friday evening market will kick off at 4:0PM and close at 9:0PM tonight! The event provides shoppers time to peruse the vendors for vintage finds throughout the early evening with time to also walk the downtown shopping scene of First Friday and enjoy a delicious meal from any of West Chester’s premier restaurants.
Park and shop ’til you drop with vintage finds from a variety of vendors selling vintage home goods and accessories, antiques, collectibles, up-cycled, re-purposed and architectural salvage, vintage jewelry, clothing and original art and photography made with vintage components or vintage inspiration. Food vendors will also be on site along with a live jazz duo. For more information visit avintagegaragesale.com.
Visit Downtown West Chester for Swingin’ Summer Thursday tonight! Enjoy great food, live music, clowns, artists, magicians and more. Free for the whole family from 6:30-9:30 pm! This week, see two solid jazz bands: Hot Bijoux and The Black Bird Society Orchestra. See the convenient garage parking options including FREE garage parking at the Justice Center Garage (Market between New & Darlington). For more information on the event visit Downtownwestchester.com.
Penns Woods Winery will have special hours for Independence Day! Stop by and enjoy a glass (or bottle) of your favorite Penns Woods Wine. Enjoy a fireworks show at sunset that’s happening right across the street. Below is a list of what you can expect, click here to learn more.
- Bring your own blankets or chairs to enjoy the fireworks show!
- Capture the Flag Acoustic Rock Duo 5:00pm – 9:00PM
- The Meat House 5:00PM – 9:00pm
- Dia Doce Gourmet Cupcakes 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Kimberley Vassal Insurance Services, located in Chadds Ford, is currently looking for a Commercial Insurance Service Representative that will meet the following criteria:
- Must be local (Preferably living in Chester County/Delaware County).
- Must have property and casualty insurance license.
- Must work well in team atmosphere.
- Knowledge of handling claims, certificates of insurance, identification cards and cancellations.
- Knowledge of remarketing accounts from quoting to final proposal.
- Knowledge of some of the following companies: Donegal, Harleysville, Erie, Travelers, Foremost, Liberty, USLI, Utica National, and Philadelphia Insurance.
- Must be familiar with AMS360 (management system), Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- As part of our interview process the following information will be reviewed: Motor vehicle report, Financial background check, and Criminal background check.
Our agency is a full service insurance agency providing sales, service, and risk management to businesses and individuals in both property & casualty. This is a career opportunity, not a job opportunity. If you enjoy the insurance industry and are looking for a great place to work and feel you can meet the above standards please contact us, 610.459.4444.
This Sunday join Doc Magrogan’s for their annual Clam, Crab & Beer Fest on Sunday, a benefit for Community Volunteers in Medicine. Enjoy a variety of delicious crab and clam dishes, ten craft beer samples, and live entertainment by Travis & Co. from noon to 4 pm. Cost is $35 in advance, $40 at the door. Click here to purchase your tickets online.
Now through November, The Brandywine River Art Museum is offering a special tour package. The program includes guided visits to both the N.C. Wyeth House and Studio and the Andrew Wyeth Studio and lunch in the Museum Cafe overlooking the scenic Brandywine River. Cost, including lunch, museum tour and all admission fees, is $40 for adults, $35 for seniors and $20 for members. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.brandywinemuseum.org or click here.