- Chestnut Lofts Chestnut Street Lofts: New construction of 60 residential units with parking at 114 East Chestnut Street. The projected completion and occupancy is summer 2014.
- Theater Development: The Uptown! Theater Alliance has launched a capital campaign for a $3.75-million redevelopment of the old Armory (Washington and High Streets) into a theater. Concept rendering by Frens and Frens.
- 124 East Market Street: Known as 124 Market Place, this project has broken ground and will include retail on the ground floor and 88 residential units. The current projection for completion is early 2015.
- 220 East Chestnut: The project, located at Chestnut & Matlack Streets, includes 205 residential units. The building permit for the project is expected to be issued in the next 60 days and the construction is expected to be complete by spring 2016.
- Proposed Hotel: A 120-room, full-service DoubleTree hotel has been proposed for the corner of Gay & Walnut Streets. In December, 2013, Borough Council denied final approval. It is now in appeal.
- Mosteller Mixed Use Development: Currently, the owners have conditional use and land development plan approval to construct a new mixed-use building at the old site of the old Mosteller Department Store at the corner of Gay & Church Streets. The project is to include retail on the ground floor, basement parking, offices on floors 2-3 and residential condos on floors 4-7. Construction date has not been set.
- Outdoor Pool Renovation: The Charles A. Melton Community & Arts Center has recently completed a sustainability report for the renovation of the outdoor swimming pool. Fund raising efforts are underway. Concept rendering by Friday Architects.