There is a winter storm watch that will take effect tomorrow morning through late Tuesday night (Tuesday January 21, 2014). Below are some details of what to expect tomorrow during the storm.
- Hazard types – snow
- Snow accumulations – 4 to 7 inches possible.
- Timing – snowfall will begin Tue morning and continue into Tue evening with heaviest snowfall expected Tue afternoon and evening.
- Impacts – accumulating snowfall could cause periods of hazardous travel across the area.
- Winds – north 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
- Temperatures – in the lower 20s.
A winter storm watch means there is a potential for significant snow sleet or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts and if traveling remain extra cautious.