- Meet your friends downtown and visit the many shops that are open late and offering great sales for some serious shopping therapy.
ECHOES of the CIVIL WAR | Saturday, September 21, 2013
- The Chester County Historical Society presents a symposium on slavery and freedom during the Civil War in conjunction with the exhibit On the Edge of Battle: Chester County and the Civil War. The daylong series of events begins at from 8:30am and includes talks and tours. Ticketed event, call 610-692-4800 for details.
KENNETT SYMPHONY at WCU | Saturday, September 21, 2013
- The Kennett Symphony of Chester County presents an Opening Night Spectacular to usher in the new season. Featured conductor is Michael Hall, Conductor Candidate. The program includes Kodaly’s Intermezzo, Grieg’s Piano Concerto in A minor with guest artist Igor Resnianski, and Dvorak’s Symphony No. 9, popularly known as the New World Symphony. Program begins at 8:00pm at the Madeleine Wing Adler Theatre, 817 South High Street. Tickets and information at KennettSymphony.org.
- The West Chester University School of Music Honors Convocation presents the Concert Choir and Symphony Orchestra, David DeVenney and Ovidiu Marinescu, directors. Performance begins at 3:00pm at the Emilie K. Asplundh Concert Hall. Call 610-436-2266 for details.
For more information visit www.downtownwestchester.com.
- Save the Date: Chester County Day (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- “Paint Along” Workshop at the Chester County Art Association (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- Faces of Chester County Exhibit (mywestchesterpatown.com)