Incase you’re skipping out on the beach this weekend here are a few events to check out over the weekend. On Saturday, July 20th, The Brandywine River Museum is hosting Tip-A-Canoe and Barbecue, too! Join the Young Friends of the Brandywine Conservancy for a relaxing canoe ride down the Brandywine River followed by an outdoor party with live music! Take in the natural surroundings of the Brandywine that the Conservancy has worked so hard to protect while enjoying a summer afternoon with family and friends. Tickets are still available for the evening barbecue. Call 610-388-8315 to make your reservations.
Also, this Sunday, July 21st, is the annual Turks Head Music Festival at Everhart Park in West Chester! The 31st annual Turk’s Head Music Festival will host a dozen bands from around the area. The bands will share two stages at this day-long celebration of regional music held at Everhart Park beginning at noon. Up to 90 artists will set up booths throughout the park to sell their high-quality arts and crafts. Local food vendors will keep everyone well-fed. Click here to see a full schedule of events. Stay cool and have a great weekend!
- Creative Escape Workshop Presented by Brandywine River Museum (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- Day Tripper: Brandywine Valley (andrechreky.typepad.com)
- Canoeing in the Brandywine (livestrong.com)
- Music at Marshall Square Park (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- Public gardens, like Longwood, are fun for kids, too (readingeagle.com)
- Weekend Picks: Philly Beer Week Kicks Off, The Roots Picnic Weekend, Brooklyn Flea Philly Opening Day, Philadelphia Comic Con And More (uwishunu.com)