The 2013 U.S. Open kicked off at the Merion Golf Club in Lower Merion yesterday. The West Chester area welcomes golfers and spectators to America’s National Golf Championship; Tiger Wood’s was spotted in town at Barnaby’s of West Chester earlier this week! The tournament is sure to have a big impact on the area for the next seven days.
So what exactly is the U.S. Open? The U.S. Open is one of the four major annual tournaments in professional golf; the others being The Masters, The Open Championship, and The PGA Championship. This is the fifth time Merion Golf Club has hosted the event. It last hosted it in 1981. In the context of pro golf, it’s a very big deal. For more information visit the official event page www.usopen.com or click here.
- The 2013 U.S. Open Championship (panhandleprep.com)
- Top 12 Reasons To Get Psyched About The 2013 U.S. Open Championship Coming To Merion This Week (uwishunu.com)
- watch Live online U.S. Open Golf Championship 2013 (golflivestr.wordpress.com)
- 2013 U.S. Open odds: Tiger Woods still heavy favorite (sbnation.com)
- U.S. Open Golf Championship 2013 Live Streaming (golflivestr.wordpress.com)