Some local Holiday events happening this weekend in and around the West Chester area! Hope to see you out and about, they’re calling for beautiful weather all weekend!
- When: Friday, Nov. 30 – Sunday, Dec. 2
- Where: Downtown West Chester
- Why Go: Enjoy a truly magical weekend in West Chester. Friday it kicks off with the the Jingle Elf run, the parade, the tree lighting, carolers and other special activities. Saturday enjoy theater, train rides, kids activities and more. Sunday there are several concerts and more activities. For a complete schedule,please visit their website.
- Cost: Free *Some activities have a cost.
- When: Friday, Nov. 30 at 7:15 p.m.
- Where: Downtown West Chester
- Why Go: This parade is celebrating it’s 34th year and it’s been listed in USA Today as one of the top ten places to experience the arrival of Santa Claus during the holiday season. The 1-mile parade route travels through the heart of the historic business district. Participating marching bands compete for the chance to win a portion of more than $5,000 in prize money. Stop by Mars Drinks tent and receive a free cup of hot chocolate.
- Cost: Free
- When: Friday, Nov. 30 from 5:30 – 7:15 p.m.
- Where: First Niagara Bank, 16 E. Market St.
- Why Go: The parade starts before the parade and follows the parade route. There are race opportunities for the kids and adults, great holiday prizes to age group winners and cash prize for the top 3 males and females in the 2 mile race. There will also be costume awards for the most creative holiday outfits.
- Cost: $12 – $20
- When: Thursday, Nov. 29 – Sunday, Dec. 2
- Where: West Chester University, E.O. Bull Center MainStage Theatre
- Why Go: Enjoy the classic Agatha Christie mystery on stage at West Chester University. A group of strangers are trapped together at a manor house during a snowstorm where they soon discover one of them is a murderer! Currently in its 60th year in London, The Mousetrap will have you gripping the edge of your seat. Thursday, Nov. 29 at 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 3 at 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1 at 2 and 8 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2 at 2 p.m.
- Cost: $10 – $12
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 at 8:30 a.m and 10 a.m.
- Where: Chester County Historical Society, 225 North High Street
- Why Go: Enjoy a buffet breakfast while children get the chance to sit with Santa and share their Christmas wish lists. Seatings at 8:30am and 10:00am. Must preregister. Only 75 seats available per seating. Call the West Chester Borough Parks & Recreation at 610-436-9010 to registration.
- Cost: $12 per person ages 2+
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 from 2 – 4 p.m.
- Where: West Chester Municipal Building, 401 East Gay Street
- Why Go: Children will assemble and decorate gingerbread houses with an assortment of holiday candies. All materials are supplied. Register early by calling 610-436-9010. Only 30 spots available.
- Cost: $12
- When: Sunday, Dec. 2 at 1 p.m.
- Where: Henderson High School
- Why Go: The 35th Annual Brian’s Run is a five-mile loop and kid fun races through northeast West Chester. All proceeds from the reace go to support “Homes for Our Troops“, a charity that supports our wounded verterancs, making their homes handicap accessible.
- Cost: $30 day of race
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 at 6 p.m.
- Where: Chester County Historical Society
- Why Go: In this adaptation of Charles Dickens’ classic tale, the ensemble will portray all the characters of this Christmas tradition. They will also offer songs as the Spirits of Past, Present and Future confront the miserly Ebenezer Scrooge. Running about an hour, this is a perfect production for families. Afterwards, join the Pennsylvania Academy of Performing Arts singers for a candlelight caroling walk to the Historic Chester County Courthouse.
- Cost: Free *Donations accepted
- Events Coming in December (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- Old-Fashioned Christmas Weekend! (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- West Chester Railroad (mywestchesterpatown.com)
One response to “What’s going on this weekend in West Chester?”
Pingback: Holiday Events Happening at WCU « My West Chester, PA