December is a great time to visit Downtown West Chester! Whether it be a stroll through town during the old fashioned Christmas weekend or enjoying a holiday show at West Chester University, there is something for everyone! Below are a few of the many events coming this December 2012! For more information on the events visit Downtownwestchester.com or click here.
OLD-FASHIONED CHRISTMAS WEEKEND | November 29-December 2
- Downtown West Chester is filled with holiday charm during Old-Fashioned Christmas weekend. Stores and restaurants are decorated for the season. The Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce presents the Old-Fashioned Christmas Parade, sponsored by Mars Drinks, on Friday November 30 at 7:15pm.
BREAKFAST WITH SANTA | December 1
- Enjoy a buffet breakfast while children get the chance to sit with Santa and share their Christmas wish lists. Seatings at 8:30am and 10:00am Chester County Historical Society, 225 North High Street. Call the West Chester Borough Parks & Recreation at 610-436-9010 for registration and information.
THE MOUSETRAP at WCU | November 29-December 2
- Agatha Christie’s favorite who-done-it. A group of strangers are trapped together at a manor house during a snowstorm where they soon discover one of them is a murderer! Currently in its 60th year in London, The Mousetrap will have you gripping the edge of your seat. For details and ticket information, go to the Department of Theatre & Dance page.
GINGERBREAD HOUSE MAKING | December 1
- Children create their own gingerbread houses with an assortment of holiday candies provided by West Chester Borough Parks & Recreation. 2:00-4:00pm at the West Chester Municipal Building, 401 East Gay Street. Call 610-436-9010 for registration and information.
- 2nd Annual Taste of Chester County (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- Premier Showing of “Good Night Ladies” in West Chester (mywestchesterpatown.com)
- 3rd Annual Ivory Homes Gingerbread House Contest & Fundraiser (organizeyourstuffnow.com)
- Top 10 – Christmas Getaways (essentialtravel.co.uk)