This just in from the Borough of West Chester, local residents take note. Effective January 1, 2013 the Borough will no longer offer curbside tree limb chipping. Instead, there will be a new yard waste program, for Borough residents only.
Curbside Collection: The Borough will provide Friday curbside collection of yard waste and branches once per month:
• First Friday: Northwest Quadrant
• Second Friday: Northeast Quadrant
• Third Friday: Southwest Quadrant
• Fourth Friday: Southeast quadrant
Curbside collection will include bundled branches and yard waste only. Branches and yard waste must be tied with biodegradable twine (cotton or hemp) into manageable bundles no longer than 4 feet. Biodegradable paper bags are acceptable also. NO PLASTIC BAGS. Branches thicker than 4 inches will not be collected. Loose, uncontained yard waste will also not be collected.
Yard Waste Drop-off Site
Public Works Drop-off site is open one time per month:
• The fourth Saturday of each month, 8AM-4PM
• Drop-off site remains at the Public Works Department, 205 Lacey Street
Borough residents only; residents must show proof of residency to site attendant. Borough drop-off site will accept loose yard waste, yard waste in biodegradable bags, leaves, grass clippings and tree branches cut 4 feet or shorter, and no thicker than 4 inches diameter. No contractors permitted at drop-off site.
• Christmas tree collection remains the same (first two weeks following New Year’s Day).
• Fall curbside leaf collection remains the same.
Shrubbery and also tree branches up to 8 inches in diameter or 8 feet in length may be taken to the Lanchester Landfill in Honey Brook for composting or shredding. There is a charge for this. Lanchester Landfill will not accept root balls, dirt or stones. Please call the Landfill at 610-273-3771 for more information.