The following are business- and consumer-related events taking place in the greater Chester County region soon.
TODAY, DEC. 5
- The Transportation Management Association of Chester County will host a free Road Construction Informational Session at Penn State Great Valley, 30 E. Swedesford Road, Malvern, at 11:30 a.m. to discuss Stage 3 of the U.S. Route 202 Section 300 reconstruction project. Stage 3 will begin on Dec. 12 and extend through late 2012.
TUESDAY, DEC. 6
- The Pennsylvania Chamber Educational Foundation and the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce and Industry will present Marcellus Shale Forum: Opportunities and Answers for Pennsylvanians from 7:30 to 9 a.m. at the Drexelbrook Corporate Events Center. The program includes a panel discussion with industry representatives, energy experts, environmentalists, economists and state regulators, as well as a question/answer session. Pennsylvania Chamber President Gene Barr will moderate the discussion.
WEDNESDAY, DEC. 7
- The Chester County Agricultural Development Council and the Chester County Economic Development Council will host a forum entitled “Local Outsourcing — The Role of Custom Farming in Chester County” from 8:30 to 10 a.m. at the Chester County Government Services Center in West Goshen. The forum is for agricultural stakeholders, planners, municipal officials and anyone interested in learning more about our agricultural industry. For more information, visit www.chesco.org/agdev.
DEC. 8, 15 and 16
- Three free 12 Steps Toward Employment workshops for job-seekers have been scheduled for West Whiteland, Phoenixville and Honey Brook. They are…
- Dec. 8 from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. at the Exton Square mall, 260 Exton Square Mall, Exton.
- Dec. 15 from 12:15 to 4:15 p.m. at the Phoenixville Public Library, 183 Second Ave., Phoenixville.
- Dec. 16 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Honey Brook Presbyterian Church, 4331 Horseshoe Pike, Honey Brook.
The workshops are part of the Road to Employment initiative established by the Chester County Workforce Investment Board. For required registration information for limited available seats, visitwww.chesco.org/JobSeekerToolkit.