If you have never witnessed a plein air event (painting outdoors) then be prepared to see artists with easels and photographers clicking away at scenic locations throughout West Chester this Thursday. For many of the participants will have a chance to compete for a $3,000 First Prize (one for each category, photography and painting), among other prizes and recognitions. For all the details see below!
• Where: Various locations in West Chester including the Chester County Art Association at 100 North Bradford Ave. in West Chester.
• Date: Thursday, Sept. 29th.
• Time: Beginning at 9 a.m.
Features: The day’s Plein Air events include workshops for artists at West Chester University and Chester County Art Association (9:00 a.m. — 11:30 p.m.) . There will also be a “quick draw” competition” for children and families in front of the old Court House (4:00 p.m. — 6:00 p.m.). The public is also invited to a Block Party and “wet paint” art sale to be held along Gay Street, near “Kaly’s.” (6:00 p.m. — 9:00 p.m.). For more information visit vwww.pleinaribrandywinevalley.org.
- DIY Capacitive Touch Brush Stylus (makezine.com)
- How-To: Paint Your Exterior Trim (casasugar.com)
- How-To: Paint Your Home’s Exterior (casasugar.com)
One response to “Paint the Town”
Pingback: West Chester University Live! « My West Chester, PA