“Snow Day Spirit” West Chester | By John Hannafin
Looking to get out of the house this weekend? Well, check out some of these local events happening around the West Chester area:
Murder Mystery Theater: Lucy, I’m Dead
- When: Saturday, Feb 16 at 6 pm
- Where: Unitarian Fellowship of West Chester501 S High St, West Chester
- Why Go: Unitarian Congregation of West Chester presents“Lucy, I’m Dead.” Tickets include wine, hors d’oeuvres, finger food, chocolate desserts and the show, performed by Without a Cue Productions. (Adult content 15 years or older.) This event is opened to the public but seating is limited. You must reserve your seat by e-mailing Marie Steel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 610-692-5966. Cash or check will be accepted at the door. Go to www.ucwc.org for general information.
- Cost: $35
Play4Kay – Pink Basketball Games
- When: Saturday, Feb 16 at 1 pm
- Where:West Chester University 700 S High St, West Chester,
- Why Go:The PINK ZONE is now called Play for Kay. This is a national event. Women play at 1 pm and Men at 3 pm. Join in the fight against breast cancer and support the WCU basketball teams.
- Cost: $6 for adults and $4 for youth
Family Day at CCHS
- When: Monday, Feb 18 from 10 am – 1 pm
- Where:Chester County Historical Society
- Why Go: Enjoy old-fashioned family fun with crafts, toys, dress up and story telling. At 11am, meet children’s author Jen Bryant, author of A Splash of Red, The Life and Art of Horace Pippin. All museum exhibits and The History Lab will be open. Call 610-692-4800 for details.
- Cost: $10.00 per family.
Backyard Bird Count
- When: Saturday, Feb 16 from 9:30 – 11 a.m.
- Where:Great Valley Nature Center State Rd & Hollow Rd, Phoenixville
- Why Go:Come to GVNC to participate in a real Bird Count..we will teach you how! We’ll start with the basics of bird identification, go on a bird walk, and then we’ll enter the info in the GVVC data base.
- Cost: Free