All aboard Santa’s Express! Join Santa for a 90-minute journey on the heated West Chester Railroad through the Chester Creek Valley. Santa greets everyone at Market Street Station, then rides along to Glen Mills. Explore the historic Glen Mills Station, where there’s plenty of photo opportunities on Santa’s lap, so remember your cameras. There will also be live music by Greg Wright & Friends. Incase you get hungry along the way the on board snack car offers hot dogs, hot chocolate and various snacks (cash only). Santa’s Express is scheduled for multiple weekends this holiday season including: December 6-7, 13-14, 20-21 @ 11am, 1pm, 3pm and additional 5pm departures on December 13-14, 20-21. For more information on the event or to learn more about the West Chester Railroad click here.
Mark your calendars for the annual Old-Fashioned Christmas celebration throughout Downtown West Chester! USA Today called West Chester’s Old-Fashioned Christmas celebration “one of the top ten places to experience the arrival of Santa Claus during the holiday season.” The weekend is alive with scores of events throughout the town. Old-Fashioned Christmas events will take place December 5-6-7, and is presented by the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce. For a full list of events click here or visit Downtownwestchester.com. Below are a few Old Fashioned Christmas events to look forward too!
- Old-Fashioned Christmas Parade | Friday, December 5: West Chester’s grandest parade is the highlight of the Winter holiday season with hundreds of dancers, performers, and musicians making the event a true extravaganza. Dozens of events surround the parade so come downtown early and enjoy all the Christmas spirit. Presented by the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce. See parking information.
- Holiday Home Tour | Saturday, December 6, 2014: A walking tour showcasing ten beautiful homes each with its own special charm and history. As a bonus, Tanglewood, the home of West Chester University Presidents, will be also be open. 10am to 3pm; snow date December 8. Ticketed event benefiting West Chester Public Library. For details, visit WCPublicLibrary.org.
- Holiday Concert by West Chester Studio Singers | Friday, December 5, 2014: The West Chester Studio Junior and Senior Singers present their Holiday Concert at the Chester County Historical Society, 225 North High Street. FREE for the whole family.
Small Business Saturday is a day for our community to support the small businesses owned by our friends and neighbors. Our family owned businesses have become the hallmark of Downtown West Chester and give back to the community everyday in so many ways. So Shop Small and support your favorite small business this Saturday, November 29, 2014. Remember, parking meters are FREE until 5pm! Click here to see a complete retail directory of West Chester.
A Longwood Christmas will be on view from November 27, 2014 through January 11, 2015 at Longwood Gardens! This season, A Longwood Christmas, will feature a new bird-inspired display:
From trees adorned with nests and feathered friends, to topiary swans in our Exhibition Hall, to birdhouses, owls, and bald eagles decorating our tree houses, this holiday season flies high. Our Music Room depicts a festive Peacock Masquerade Ball, featuring elegant table settings and an 18-foot rotating tree. Stroll outside where colorful fountains dance, glimmering snowflakes hang overhead, and a half- million lights illuminate more of our outdoor gardens than ever before.
The annual event will also consist of spectacular lights, illuminated fountain shows, and live holiday performances. To learn more about timed ticketing, peak and non-peak pricing, and see more visiting tips to make your experience extraordinary click here or visit, Longwoodgardens.org.
Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Sunday Shopping in West Chester is where the shelves are packed with gifts and fashions for everyone on your list. Why get mobbed at the malls when you can enjoy a fun day of shopping at unique boutiques in the heart of Downtown West Chester!
Free Parking Days in West Chester:
- Friday (November 28th): parking is FREE everywhere, all day.
- Saturday (November 29th): parking is FREE on the street until 5pm.
- Sunday (November 30th): parking is FREE everywhere, all day.
Check out the Facebook page for incoming store specials and more information. Also, see the parking tab created by Downtownwestchester.com, which includes convenient new ways to pay at the meters.
Don’t miss the kickoff event for John DeBella’s Annual Turkey Drop! The event will begin at Kildare’s Irish Pub of West Chester on November 23, at 12:00pm. The Running of the Turkeys will be a one mile run through the streets of West Chester while carrying a frozen turkey; You may transport your turkey in any manner. In order to enter you must donate one frozen turkey. If you’re unable to purchase your turkey in advance, a limited number of turkeys will be on sale at Kildare’s the day of the race. For more information on the event click here.
Why get mobbed at the malls when you can enjoy a fun day of shopping at unique boutiques where the shelves are packed with gifts fashion for everyone on your list! Take a break from shopping in West Chester and enjoy lunch with a friend or relax at a happy hour. FREE parking will be available all day at both the meters and the garages in Downtown West Chester. See the complete retail directory by clicking here or visiting Downtownwestchester.com.